Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

08 surprises and disappointments

For me one of the surprises in IRC this year is the speed of Basso, but he has been let down by equipment a few times.

Disappointed with that Abarth so far has not been able to close the gap to Pug.

I also thought that Alen would be higher this year, but he has never looked like a winner this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Luca for me... is a surprise.

Disappointments is the large difference between Nico , Luca , Basso and Loix for the other pilots.

Luca was the only one who gave the fight.

IRC needs much more pilots to fight for a Champ title or podium. Otherwise , IRC deads , like ERC.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CEORacingLions
    Luca for me... is a surprise.

Disappointments is the large difference between Nico , Luca , Basso and Loix for the other pilots.

Luca was the only one who gave the fight.

IRC needs much more pilots to fight for a Champ title or podium. Otherwise , IRC deads , like ERC.
    True, but thats about 2 more than WRC!

Of course the Abarth reliability has been disappointing, but Basso has proved it can be very fast too. Alen is a disappointment. He wasn't great at the gravel rounds and still a long way off the pace on tarmac. He's still young but doesn't seem to have progressed since last year.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Unfortunately I have the same feeling as RS about Alen. Also I expected more from Sola, but he did better in Asturias until he went off.
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    What to say about Brice Tirabassi before he ended his IRC season? I didn't expect much from him, but this was really bad.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    True, but thats about 2 more than WRC!

Yeah. But i think wrc nowadays is not example for anyone and then ... WRC always has an investment that others Champs hasn't.

I think you know what im saying.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Yep Wim, disapointing as well!
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    If Basso had Peugeot, he would be hard to stop. The fact he is able to defeat Kronos guys when the car works is clear proof of his level. Anyway great to have him in Fiat because otherwise Fiat would be nowhere...

Agree with Tirrabassi. He was realy dissappointing

Anyway what I worry about is IRC expansion somewhere noone goes racing. I wonder how much cars will compete in China after the change of place and date. If it means no APRC drivers there, the rally will be one big shame. They say there will be more distant rallys in 2009 season. Why? Noone goes there...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    For me one of the surprises in IRC this year is the speed of Basso, but he has been let down by equipment a few times

For me Bassos speed is now surprise, last year he and Vouilloz were the fastest men around.As CEORacingLions said in the Rally Principe said, Basso is one of the best in the world in long stages

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Surprises for me would be the development of the Proton and Opel S2000's which both should be in next year's IRC and the Fabia's pace in Barum.

Disappointment would be Anton Alen and I don't think it is completely down to the car at the minute, perhaps a confidence thing. Also the stages on Rally Russia being so rough.