Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

3rd Motorbase BMW 2009

In Motorsport News, I read that Bartrum, is looking to race a 3rd BMW for Motorbase, Which is great news for the series and gives added competition to the field.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I read that and wondered - how long until half of the BTCC field becomes BMW's, like in the WTCC?

It's good to hear, although I do fear that the lack of variety in car building at the moment could lead to more of the same models being campaigned by independent outfits.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think variety is a big issue at the moment because the BTCC has 4 stable manufacturers involved (although Honda and BMW are not actual manufacturers), with Chevrolet and MG as independents, and you don't just have to use cars you see in the WTCC, how about cars from the STCC? I'm sure as soon as a team uses an STCC car there will be many teams using cars like Audis and Peugeots to recreate that added variety.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MBailey06
    I don't think variety is a big issue at the moment because the BTCC has 4 stable manufacturers involved (although Honda and BMW are not actual manufacturers), with Chevrolet and MG as independents, and you don't just have to use cars you see in the WTCC, how about cars from the STCC? I'm sure as soon as a team uses an STCC car there will be many teams using cars like Audis and Peugeots to recreate that added variety.
    Didn't Alan Gow sign some kind of agreement with the STCC for the trade of cars (customer) to happen recently? The STCC would get cars like the Honda Civic and the BTCC would get the likes of Peugeot, Audi and Volvo.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It wasn't a trade, the BTCC and STCC agreed to accept each others local homologation rules. Therefore cars that haven't raced in the WTCC - and hence are not FIA homologated can race in either series, for example the Civic and C30

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For a team to run three cars in the present climate, they must be getting considerable help from BMW..

Perhaps this is a hint as to who will be the BMW 'Works' team?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think any of the BMW teams has a chance of works backing, but my bet is WSR. They deserve it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As much as I would love it to be WSR with BMW backing, I think if it does happen, it would be a surprise if it wasn't Matt Jackson - seeing as he's in the Dealer Team, and also seeing as they apparently had a top engineer from Andy Priaulx's RBM team at the last weekend at Silverstone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jackson's team has done very well, had they a second driver throughout the season they could have been in a position to get 3rd place in the Teams' Championship.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would just like to say on this thread... Well done to Motorbase Performance team at Brands Hatch!

I didn't realise watching the TV coverage, they walked away with 5 trophies. They got 2 second places (races 1&3), 1 third place (race 1), 1 independant win in race 3 and the Teams Award for the meeting!

Apparently team boss David Bartrum broke part of the podium when he collected his award. I wish the TV would show more podium activities.

So 3 cars next year should be no problem..