Quote Originally Posted by PolePosition_1
In theory I agree with you, but in reality I don't. If the Stewards aren't going to consistantly penalise drivers on issues, or even find them guilty and still let them off for not gaining a sporting advantage, surely not gaining a sporting advantage should be let off at all cases?

Not just when its a red car involved.

And then we have past history showing the FIA and Stewards notion of everything has to be 100% certain and proven before they find someone guilty.

While I can see why some people think he gained a slight advantage (which was ultimately none considering Kimi crashed), its not a fact, its a pure guess. And the Stewards shouldn't be making such decisions on guesses. Decisions which will ultimately affect the title.
To be honest anyone who disagrees with what Dave said in that post should be banned.

If someone does something wrong they should be penalised regardless of where they are in the title race. It's a pity when it affects the title race but rules is rules. I see no room on this forum for people who have a favourite driver and want them to get special treatment.