Page 12 of 144 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Raikk, Vancouver needs to lose sooner or later...just don't know which Toronto will show up...

And Schmenke, they got those 7 goals WITHOUT Iginla. I still think if they limp into the playoffs they will be a miserable team to have to deal with....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Damn right they will. When the going gets tough, Kipru gets going.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    Well harvick, the Avs were pummeled by the Cowtown boys last night. Pretty poor defence when all 7 Calgary goals were scored even-strength
    I can't remember the last time that Calgary scored so many goals...

Oh, and the Habs won in Philly
    the aves don't have a good goalie, Budaj is ok, but Theodore is horrible, I thikn they should've kept Abie, or they need to trade Theo for someone good
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Now Harvick, you are a good lad, but I cant stand the Av's outside of Sakic...

I have never been a fan of teams which have singular last names, such as Avalanche, Wild, Heat, etc. IT is just too 90's!!!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Gotta like Today in Canada, the CBC is doing their "Hockey Day in Canada" special. Hockey from Noon to after midnight. No other network covers a sport for one day with the respect and love that the CBC does today.

Not that I need to see all the "special" stories they inflict on us, but with the 3 NHL all Canadian matchups...I gotta say I am in hockey heaven!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    me and schmenke both need pretty strong drinks to forget our teams horrid games!
    ''If your in control, your not going fast enough''

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Raikk, I agree. My only consolation is that after 30 years of being a Leaf's fan, I always have another team that is my choice to enjoy and cheer for. For the first years as a fan, I was a Bruin's fan, and up till Ballard died, I couldn't watch a Leaf's/Bruin's fan with anyone I knew because I would be cheering for Boston (Bobby Orr #1 and all that ) but as the Leaf's were reborn into the 20th century with Ballard gone, I became a full blown Leaf's fan.

Except In the last few years, I have really took a shine to the Flames. Always had a soft spot for them in the 90's too when they won their Cup. That Lanny McDonald thing kind of was the reason I guess, and as they have come on the last few years, they are my other team. Tonight, without Iginla they still beat Edmonchuk so hey, silver lining in the cloud time.....

I am not 100% loyal I guess, but after 40 years, there will not be a Stanley Cup parade on Yonge this year either.....so I have to find some way of staying interested....

Of course, someone wiseacre would demand I cheer for the Habs, but c'mon, I am not completely without scruples!!!

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm not sure but i think The habs fans has some sort of standards who to ask to support the team.

The reason I said I'm not sure is that I don't consider myself being a HC fan since I support many other hockey teams as well. However, I can understand "the patriotism" for cheering a certain team/s when it comes to hockey. I mean, I wouldn't see myself cheering for Jokerit here in Helsinki since I've always been a fan of HIFK.

Which brings to my mind a funny thing that happened 12 years ago. I was studying in Scotland back then and I lived in a dorm which was full of local teenagers. That, and their passion for soccer, prevented me relating them any more than I had to. One night the whole dorm seemd empty. I saw one Danish guy in the hallway and asked where is everybody. He said they're all in TV-room. I checked the closest TV-room and there they were, watching a football game (soccer that is ) Celtic vs. Galsgow rangers. When the match ended there was a huge fight in the hallway, close to a small riot. The result had been a tie.

God for bid hockey fans rarely beat each others for sake the game.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Hockey fans always have a good natured ribbing that goes with it. One of my best friends is a Hab's fan. It just is the way it is. Canadians know where to draw the line......goes with our politeness I guess...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Post Canucks and the Leafs...

Quote Originally Posted by raikk
    Also Leafs play the crows on Saturday! Get ready to walk downtown Vancouver with your Leafs jersey! I have 15 smackers on the game too
    It was a game to forget for you and the rest of the Leafs fans raikk, however I have to say that my interest in the league these days is rather lacking. I haven't watched too many games since the lockout ended, but when I do, I watch games that are filled with one penalty after the other, and the game between the Canucks and Leaf this past weekend was one big parade to the penalty box. I suppose I shouldn't really complain about it because we did win the game in the end, however I'm trying my best to warm up to this new brand of hockey these days but it is very difficult.

Anyways back to the game. Luongo did keep us in the game during the early stages, however as a Leafs supporter you sure aren't going to win many games when you give up 5 power play goals. It must be frustrating for you Leaf fans these days because you come off a great game against Buffalo and then get blown away by the Canucks. Ahh...the joys and sorrows of sport.

Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    The Sabres are the class of the East
    They have been playing very well all year and I like the fact they have brought up their players through the draft and have acquired few players through free agency. They should be a good team for many years, that is unless the league decides to change the rules again.

Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    They got those 7 goals WITHOUT Iginla. I still think that if they limp into the playoffs they will be a miserable team to deal with...
    I think Calgary is one of those teams that can overcome the loss of a player such as Iginla. I say this because they are an extremely hard working team that plays as a unit. We know that Darryl Sutter has instilled a solid work ethic in all his players and it clealry shows night after night. They are always very tough to play against come the playoffs.

Sirius