Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The wildcards were good. Of course, the WSBK regulars who won the races were both ex-BSB champions too!

Sykes is on a roll, he's been doing brilliantly in BSB lately. The wet conditions meant that his BSB-spec engine didn't matter (down a few bhp).

Ellison had a WSBK spec engine, but again that wasn't much of an advantage in the dodgy conditions, and he doesn't have much in the way of trick electronics.

Crutchlow was just mad for it. At Kiyonari's last BSB visit to Donington, Crutchlow fell off and rammed him out of the race, so maybe Kiyo stayed in front because he was scared.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I practically didn't watch the race, I missed this one a bit what change of rules have been implemented as to rider running and finally finished in third of race 2, but on standing appeared on the bottom of screen said as 4?

The races were held at similar time with F1, which was also at critical stage for certain drivers, unforgettable incident in the last laps, good that solution already taken and we have the race winner finally...

[quote="leopardsleeping"]I practically didn't watch the race, I missed this one a bit what change of rules have been implemented as to rider running and finally finished in third of race 2, but on standing appeared on the bottom of screen said as 4?

Leopard, are you asking about the results after the restart of race 1 (Biaggi third and Xaus fourth) or results of race 2?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chac47
    Leopard, are you asking about the results after the restart of race 1 (Biaggi third and Xaus fourth) or results of race 2?
    Yeah sorry it was race 1 Biaggi ran some laps at 3rd and finished the same, but on the screen said 4. It might change too late from previous position or as result of aggregate system, I didn't pay attention to it. Probably to give standing of the relevant race respectively would be more informative.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Biaggi was 3rd on the road, but 4th on aggregate. Ruben Xaus finished 3rd on aggregate but was disqualified because he failed to return to the pits after crashing on the red flag lap. That's why Biaggi suddenly appeared in 3rd place.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Three good races I thought at a fine circuit (shame they're about to ruin it for F1). I was especially stoked to see Brooksey win the Supersport race, great for him and the Stiggy team who are a great group. I really hope they are able to put together their Superbike program for next year.

Also, out of interest, does anyone know if they did anything special for Craig Jones at the circuit? They didn't show anything or mention anything on TV (that I saw or heard anyway).
    Jono Porter 12/05/81 - 09/06/04
    MX's Celeb Crush - Sue Bird :love:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They had Tommy Hill ride Jonesy's bike around the track. I'm not sure what else. Apparently loads of riders had Jonesy's number on their fairings too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brookesy dedicated his win to the memory of Craig, i thought that was a classy touch.. And as posted above, just about every bike had a minature "18" in their own number or on their fairing in memory of Jonesy..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!