Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Helio wins! Heck of a race. safe, exciting, great finish. The guy I always root for (Carpenter) crashed out early due to a broken part but still, very good race. Here's to an even better next season!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well that race certainly made up for a bit of a lacklustre season! Excellent race from Helio from last place to first! Fantastic effort for EJ Viso also to get from the back of the grid up as high as 4th before a tyre blow out ended his day.

Congrats to Dixon.. I was rooting for Helio but kudos to Scott for a good season

*On a down note.. its early September & the season is done? That's crazy!

Roll on Surfers for some fun in Paradise

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Well I'm so glad you were able to get online before the race! Golly Gee!!

First, I'd like to ask a question of you. How can Marty Roth's qualifying run be a "fluke" but yet Danica's is not? given that her fastest practice times had her 9th...I'd say a qualifying spot of 3 was a fluke for her. Further, since you don't seem to have any clue of stats given you've never provided any to support your "enthusiasm" (because stats don't support your "enthusiasm"), Danica's average qualifying position on the aero, no skill required tracks is 6.5. So Q3 for her isn't "par for the course" it's more like an albatross (that's 1 better than an eagle, 2 better than a birdie, 3 better than a "par". Considering on those track types she's really only competing against 7 other cars, that means she's about the slowest of the bunch.

Another fact to point out to you about just this season alone...forget looking at her career stats for now. She has led a total of 4 laps this year...FOUR LAPS LED!!! She's in one of the top 8 cars on the grid!! Milka led 4 laps in today's race alone!!!!! How do you drive for AGR and only lead 4 laps in an entire season?

She hasn't made a competitive pass on the track virtually all season...including today. She spent half her race today blocking and chopping the cars behind her trying to cling to a top 10 and then has the balls (too funny, hah!) to "complain" about other drivers. This girl doesn't deserve a ride in Indycar let alone with a top team. She's there for 1 reason and 1 reason only and that is to bring sponsorship dollars...she's funding AGR but AGR can't win with 1 driver setting up all 4 cars.
    Danica typically qualifies well on the fast ovals, especially the 1.5 mile ones, so you can't say that her qualifying position was a fluke. Third is better than usual, but still in the ballpark. She doesn't usually stay that far to the front of the field, she rather tends to drop to the second half of the top 10.

There's no need to bash her. She's an adequate driver with an outsized opinion of her self. She's shown that she can handle the car reasonably well and usually keeps herself out of serious trouble, which is why she finished the points in sixth place rather than Marco or Hideki. I suspect she'll have a hard time finishing as well next year, as I expect she'll be outrun by the drivers from KV, NHL, and Rahal-Letterman.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i just saw on wind tunnel, someone say " this was the greatest race ever"
    meaning today race, i know many fans are saying that, but i think cuz we have, seen crap all year long, so finaly when we see a great race, some fans say its the greatest ever, dont get me wrong, thats race fans view, to think that,, but cuz the year was such a let down, we see a great race fans are saying OMG THAT WAS THE BEST RACE EVER! i wolud say that race was great, but greatest ever? umm not in my books, i wolud say if the year was great and not such a let down, wolud anyone say todays race was the greatest ever? anyway great job dixon and helio
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    best 1.5 miler this year. i still think Milwaukee was better overall, but that's just my opinion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm just glad we had a close finish for the naysayers that complained all year about how the old IRL races used to be more exciting because of the side by side finishes.

So what did the road racing fans think of that race? Although I think Milwaukee was still better.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just got back from Chicagoland Speedway and man THAT WAS A RACE !!!!

The atmosphere was electric. The crowd was into it. And I can hardly talk from yelling and screaming so much even though I know that no drivers could hear me.

This by far was the best race this year. My opinion. And I'm glad I went.

Helio from 28th to first was monumental and Dixon's charge back to the front after being as far down as P11 was incredible as well.

E.J. Viso, Mario Moraes, and IV, all had phenomenal drives today cut short by crashes.

Vitor ended a great run with Panther running hard and eventually crashing out.

2 and 3 wide racing throughout !!! Lead changes lap by lap... Milka Duno leading and everyone in my section of the grandstands flipping her off.... WOW

Being there was something special today. Hope all of you can experience it someday.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    Just got back from Chicagoland Speedway and man THAT WAS A RACE !!!!

The atmosphere was electric. The crowd was into it. And I can hardly talk from yelling and screaming so much even though I know that no drivers could hear me.

This by far was the best race this year. My opinion. And I'm glad I went.

Helio from 28th to first was monumental and Dixon's charge back to the front after being as far down as P11 was incredible as well.

E.J. Viso, Mario Moraes, and IV, all had phenomenal drives today cut short by crashes.

Vitor ended a great run with Panther running hard and eventually crashing out.

2 and 3 wide racing throughout !!! Lead changes lap by lap... Milka Duno leading and everyone in my section of the grandstands flipping her off.... WOW

Being there was something special today. Hope all of you can experience it someday.
    Nothing like being there!!!!
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is a picture of me and Danica at her garage this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway.

Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And here is another of me and her later in the day. I had a Wheaties box made up for her since she liked mine that I had her sign at Kentucky so much. I had her picture put on them. She wanted a picture of us with her holding the wheaties box up. Pretty cool. She loved it!!

Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion