Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Helio's white line violations are some of the funniest things I've ever seen done in a qualifying session. Practically driving into the infield, and he was pulling left on the wheel. Clearly, Helio and Roger believe they can get to the front from the back. And they probably will. But messing with Barnhart is probably not one of the smarter strategies in the paddock.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    Helio's white line violations are some of the funniest things I've ever seen done in a qualifying session. Practically driving into the infield, and he was pulling left on the wheel. Clearly, Helio and Roger believe they can get to the front from the back. And they probably will. But messing with Barnhart is probably not one of the smarter strategies in the paddock.
    They definitely are calling his bluff. What was the reason for putting the "out of bounds" area into play? Are they creating issues just for the sake of creating issues? The announces seem to say going below the white line can only slow the car so why was it even brought up? It obviously didn't make Helio go faster. I can see Penske doing this, but I don't understand why it became an issue in the first place,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    I love this sort of thing. Defying the officials is a long honored tradition in racing. Good to see Penske getting in on it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilf
    They definitely are calling his bluff. What was the reason for putting the "out of bounds" area into play? Are they creating issues just for the sake of creating issues? The announces seem to say going below the white line can only slow the car so why was it even brought up? It obviously didn't make Helio go faster. I can see Penske doing this, but I don't understand why it became an issue in the first place,
    They were just making some sort of statement out there, I'm not sure what exactly. Helio had almost all 4 tires below the white line at one point, and yes it was so bad that he was definitely losing laptime. They interviewed Helio, Tim Cindric, and Briscoe after the quals and nearly every one was smirking about it. I guess it's kind of a joke to them at Barnhart's expense, and the fact is that Helio will probably be in the top 10 by lap 50 anyway. One thing I can say about Penske Indy racing is that they're always up to something, whether it's a fuel mileage strategy, or a new trick part, or menacing the officials, it's always something.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well that something they've got up during qualifying makes no sense at all - sure Helio will no doubt work his way to the front, but he runs the risk of getting tangled with back and mid pack drama. If it is some sort of joke at Barnharts expense then its a pretty stupid thing to do when your in a fight for the championship. Very strange and pretty dumb.
    Go the ALL BLACKS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Turn 3,

Ive managed to get on-line before the race. I spoke with Danica after practice and qualifying. She told me the car is fast and it handles very good out of traffic. Her qualifying 3rd is par for the course. She qualifies very well and is very fast on ovals. I look for her in the winner's circle after this race.

Oh, and Marty Roth qualifying in the top 10 is a fluke. You know what they say about a blind squirrel.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Turn 3,

I spoke with Danica after practice and qualifying. She told me the car is fast and it handles very good out of traffic. Her qualifying 3rd is par for the course. She qualifies very well and is very fast on ovals. I look for her in the winner's circle after this race.
    That's probably why she's been dropping like a stone since the start of this race (from 3rd down to 8th over the first 60 laps)... By comparison, Helio has gone up from last to fourth in the same time frame. Don't spend too long looking for her in victory lane
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This race is one big crash waiting to happen....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Turn 3,

Ive managed to get on-line before the race. I spoke with Danica after practice and qualifying. She told me the car is fast and it handles very good out of traffic. Her qualifying 3rd is par for the course. She qualifies very well and is very fast on ovals. I look for her in the winner's circle after this race.

Oh, and Marty Roth qualifying in the top 10 is a fluke. You know what they say about a blind squirrel.
    Well I'm so glad you were able to get online before the race! Golly Gee!!

First, I'd like to ask a question of you. How can Marty Roth's qualifying run be a "fluke" but yet Danica's is not? given that her fastest practice times had her 9th...I'd say a qualifying spot of 3 was a fluke for her. Further, since you don't seem to have any clue of stats given you've never provided any to support your "enthusiasm" (because stats don't support your "enthusiasm"), Danica's average qualifying position on the aero, no skill required tracks is 6.5. So Q3 for her isn't "par for the course" it's more like an albatross (that's 1 better than an eagle, 2 better than a birdie, 3 better than a "par". Considering on those track types she's really only competing against 7 other cars, that means she's about the slowest of the bunch.

Another fact to point out to you about just this season alone...forget looking at her career stats for now. She has led a total of 4 laps this year...FOUR LAPS LED!!! She's in one of the top 8 cars on the grid!! Milka led 4 laps in today's race alone!!!!! How do you drive for AGR and only lead 4 laps in an entire season?

She hasn't made a competitive pass on the track virtually all season...including today. She spent half her race today blocking and chopping the cars behind her trying to cling to a top 10 and then has the balls (too funny, hah!) to "complain" about other drivers. This girl doesn't deserve a ride in Indycar let alone with a top team. She's there for 1 reason and 1 reason only and that is to bring sponsorship dollars...she's funding AGR but AGR can't win with 1 driver setting up all 4 cars.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    What a finish!

Congrats to Dixon, he really was the dominating driver of the 2008 IndyCar season.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.