Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

whos impressed you so far this season then

as the title says

TOC has done a stunning job at vxr and dare I say has made Matt Neal look medoacre

Doyle really impresses me as his times are really good bearing in mind he is driving a really old car and its his first year. That guy has bright things coming his way.

Adam Jones just amazes me. You think he's off the pace and then he just proves you qrong. His GT racing has really paid off as he is always there pushing for postion, His team and him have done really well, no wonder his spnser are so loyal to him. Alos he has the best livery since the 2002 "fire" MGs. Also I like his fightins spirit, reminds with of Anthony Ried, but without with out all the contact though!!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Onslow-Cole has been excellent. He's proved he's worthy of a top drive and, as you say, he's managed to outshine Neal. If I'd been the VXR bosses, I'd have signed O-C over Neal for the second seat in 2009.

Adam Jones is doing really well, and deserves to get his first win soon. Would he be a good replacement for Turner in the works SEAT team? I reckon so.

Andrew Jordan has to be mentioned in this context. He looked comfortable in the car right from the start and has driven some excellent races, despite his equipment now being rather old. Regularly outpacing his father in qualifying and the races is no mean feat. I hope they both get something really good to drive in '09.

And Michael Doyle clearly has talent, based on his recent wet weather performances. The rain is a great equaliser, and he proved that he can race with the best under equal circumstances.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mat Jackson continues to impress, he's improved from last season.

Adam Jones has consistency and speed, he's very good, surely a race win can't be far away.

Steven Kane has shone in the Motorbase BMW as has Rob Collard. The whole team deserve a victory.

Andrew Jordan is a good driver, one to watch for the future.

Michael Doyle was very good at Silverstone, I would like to see what he can do in a better car.

Tom Onslow-Cole has done well at Vauxhall, still needs a bit more consistency.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Andrew Jordan, Mat Jackson, Colin Turkington and Adam Jones
    100% out and out Ferrari fan.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mat Jackson without a doubt, only wished he had not had the few early DNF's at the start of the season.
    So excited for 2011 ;-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The bias fan in me (as a fan of him) says Adam Jones everytime as he has proven a Leon can mix it up with a car as fast as the 320si. All season he has justa bout kept pace with Jackson and Turks. He has made the Independents race as exciting as it is.

But the unbiased part of me says.....(drum roll)......Mat Jackson. He is by far one of the strongest and most competitive Independent drivers I have seen.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    Mat Jackson. He is by far one of the strongest and most competitive Independent drivers I have seen.
    There is no denying that Mat Jackson has talent.. But when his car is prepared by RBM the winners of the WTCC for the past 3 years, his results should be expected!

Most drivers had done what was expected this season, or in some cases less than expected. I will leave it to the regulars here to squabble over who they may be.

For me two drivers have impressed me, and they are Micky Doyle, he reminds me of James Thompson when he fist appeared in the BTCC driving that Pug 405 and Rob Collard at Motorbase.

I must admit I was expecting to see Rob getting involved in some incidents as he has in the past, but credit to him Rob has driven a great season, getting on with the job in-hand. Not letting all the negative comments about him at the beginning of the season effect his return to the championship.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Rob Collard - zero to hero. Really deserves the credit this season.

Of the young guns, everyone sees MJ as a future champ but TOC is the only young guy in a top seat turning heads. Does a good job keeping up with Neal and Gio, which I doubt Chilton would've done.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    the obvious would be Gio - he was expected to struggle to keep his title due to the strength of the field, but is more clear than last year - albeit partly due to SEAT throwing it away, Gio has been quick and consistent, in what argubley is not the quickest car.

Matt Jackson and Turkington have both impressed me as privateers looking capable of winning at multiple rounds and both being in the mix for the top spots in the main championship.

The OC has been great, argubley better than Matt Neal on many occasions and proving to be a great backup to Gio, very quick, very impressive.

Adam Jones has done great things again, always in the mix, rarely in any controversy.

Andrew Jordan has had some stellar drives and really impressed with his drives at Thruxton and Oulton especially.

Micky Doyle has done amazingley to put the lowly funded old Civic in positions you wouldn't expect and has certainly done enough to get himself noticed this year.

Rob Collard has had a real resurgence and i think performed better than the year when he actually won in the MG, in the calss if field we've got he's had some great drives, as has Steven Kane, who has adapted well to tourers unlike some, and picked up some great results, i certainly wouldn't be surprised if he picked up a race win soon.

finally i also think Jason Hughes has done very well very quietly this year - he's not picked up masses of points, but he's never far off the pace in what is an ancient car now.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peewhee
    There is no denying that Mat Jackson has talent.. But when his car is prepared by RBM the winners of the WTCC for the past 3 years, his results should be expected!
    Yeah sorry about that. Shouldn't have said it. Spur of the moment thing. I will change my mind asap. I also think, and I don't know if you want me to say this but I think Turks has impressed me. If your not happy with me saying it just say so.

Though why you haven't approached Scudderia Ferrari, SuperDave08 and VKMSpouge about that fact when they mentioned Mat Jackson as someone they felt impressed them this season I am not quite so sure.

Maybe given the Silverstone thread you are just on one at the moment when it comes to me and my opinions.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')