Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HVM

On todays edition of Up to speed, HVM said it was planning on 2 cars next year. I think EJ and Vitor would make a good team.
    i KNOW WHAT i like and i like what I know

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disko
    On todays edition of Up to speed, HVM said it was planning on 2 cars next year. I think EJ and Vitor would make a good team.
    There is speculation that Robert Doornbos will be in that 2nd car next year. Bobby D has reportedly stated that he has an 09 deal in the IRL.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    There is speculation that Robert Doornbos will be in that 2nd car next year. Bobby D has reportedly stated that he has an 09 deal in the IRL.
    with a former CC team which makes it a very short list.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    He's let it slip. He said he has a ride with a "Very Good" IRL team so that narrows to what he considers very good. I would have to think HVM would fit that bill as he won two races with them.

Also, Robert might be bringing some money with him. He has personal deals with a number of companies which might be interested in the IRL. He recently signed with the European mega-talent agency GR8 Industries which has created Christian Albers, and represents Force India, BMW Oracle, and (I'm not kidding) the secreative Bilderberg Group that allegedly controls the world (according to wacked out conspiricay nuts.)

If he says he has a ride, he has a strong ride. I have to believe its PKVRT (their driver's don't have contracts as of a couple of weeks ago); AGR (Hedki's money might be gone with Super Aguri); HVM or Forysthe. If he goes to a team, trust me, he brings money, hopefully in the form of ING or Red Bull, with him. Robert Doornbos doesn't play, and GR8 Racing doesn't back losers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that HVM is just finalizing the sponsorship details, but its pretty likely that they are adding a second car. I highly doubt they would try and pick up Vitor though, especially after the classless attack he and panther racing launched on EJ and team on the panther website. My guess would be Doornbos after the recent comment and his previous relationship with the team. And he also brings sponsors with him. If HVM doesn't add Doorbos, I think they would pick up one of their past drivers... theres a couple of them looking for rides these days.

I also have to agree with the couple people earlier... I find EJ far more exciting to watch than Vitor, the guys got talent, he'll definitely be one to watch again next year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You never know with the merged series some teams bosses may decide talent is more useful than ride buyers, ofcourse things may remain the same next year......
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......