Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exiting car parks!!!!

When will I ever learn and stay at home and watch the racing on the TV. Getting out of Silverstone was a nightmare, plenty of car park people to get you in but nobody to guide us out hence the usual everyone trying to get out at once.My daughter passed a comment if this was just a touring car meeting whats it going to be like at Donington when they "host " the GP.
    Rant over thoroughly enjoyed the racing though, roll on Brands.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I found getting out of Silverstone quite easy, always have done at a BTCC meeting.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was this infield or outfield? The infield was a nightmare last night, as there's one way in and one way out. The support race trucks were leaving as were the competitors and the VIPs, then the BTCC trucks joined in. We just hung about for a while after seeing the jam and by the time we did go, they appeared to have finally put some staff into good use by directing the traffic.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was watching the infield trying to get away but by the time I left it was clear as a bell

Why does everybody try to rush away? It is a great time to get those missed autographs when everyone is relaxed
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    It will always be a problem. Sure marshals and good organisation can be very helpful, but in many cases you are simply trying to get thousands of cars down a single lane, it is going to take a long time!

For the Grand Prix Silverstone manage to have 4 lanes going out due to them one-way'ing the dual carriageway. But I don't know what Donington are going to do as they've got a paltry S2 and that's it! They could one-way that too I suppose and at least they've got 2 lanes then.

If you don't want to sit in traffic you bascially have two options. Either leave just as race 3 is starting (hence miss the race!) or hang about for at least 2 hours after race 3 is finished, booking a local hotel is a good way to do this, then travel home the next day.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was one of the easiest getting away from this year. And we were parked right behind the pit grandstand.
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Me and my mates stayed for an hour after the last race and made use of the free funfair!

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les
    Why does everybody try to rush away? It is a great time to get those missed autographs when everyone is relaxed
    Because some people have family, work, etc to get back to? If you've got a 3-4 hour journey ahead of you, you can't really wait around if you want to get back at a reasonable time.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ive been to three tracks this season for BTCC. Donnington Croft Snett.
    Donington I havent been to in years and was expecting mega hassle getting out but to my suprise it was a doddle even hi viz peeps controling traffic. Thumbs up worked very well
    Croft ive been to many a rallycross meeting there and spent a good few hours attempting to get out the place but for the BTCC this year again suprised, well layed out exit and basically in car fire up and moved constantly.
    Snett struggled to get in but could say my fault a little late, thought might be hassle going out but again great no problems.

The Mrs drags me to Market Rasen races on boxing day now if you want car park mayhem and road rage then thats the place. I hate it with a passion, getting in is great all very civilised with arms waving this way that way etc. But getting out! Oh my one very big field with two exit gates of 16ft(ish). Nobody directing controling and 10/20 lanes of traffic heading for a 16 ft gap from all angles.
    Martin C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For Brands Hatch the best place to park is South bank (4th entrance coming from M25), or better still the clearing just after the second bright next to the Druids Hairpin just before South bank. The downside is you have to pay for it (normally Ł2 Sat, Ł5 Sun) but I think its well worth it, plus its easy to get or leave stuff in the car. I have never ever ever had to have a significant queue to get in, and never any queuing to get out. Be warned usually on the Sunday they lket you out the back wat, and they don't allow you to turn right to get back on the A20 (although you can do U-turns) and you end up doing a huge diversion on the M20 - but I think its still well worth it.

Pete T
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/