Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    There was an article in Autosport a few weeks ago that was pretty critical of him. I think the link is in this thread. It said that he hasn't really endeared himself to the team in the way you'd expect him to.

He gives off a laid back attitude which doesn't make him seem particularly passionate about his rallying, but that is no doubt just the way he is as a person.

The lack of a win is the problem. He had a big chance in Greece this year but wrecked his tyres to the teams dismay. He has improved this year but I think until he wins there will always be a question mark over him.

You cant help but feel sorry for him, as his situation as a number two to the best tarmac driver in the world means he isnt going to win on his best surface unless Loeb makes a mistake. But I'd have him over Latvala in my rally team any day.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    One thing is sure about Sordo, and even Finns and Ford fans must admit it, Dani has suddenly become a better 2nd driver than...Latvala :
    Sordo and Latvala have different elements to develop. Latvala's main purpose is learn to drive slow enough. Fortunately that is very teamboss' favourite problem
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karukera
    Certainly not Mäkinen was in a pre retirement mood when he joined Subaru. He pocketed big Scooby Buck$ and let Petter doing the show, which was great to watch.
    Mäkinen was 37 year old and not happy by being danced over by norwegian disco dance champion. He was not older than Marcus last year and was not more in "pre retirement mood" than Sainz and Mcrae at that time.

Although being a fast and reliable driver, Petter never reached Mäkinen's raw speed and ability to be an all rounder winner.
    Just because Subaru was on incompetitive tyres. Petter obviously is not "loeb" on asphalt but compared to Mäkinen he was as comprehensively better on asphalt than on gravel.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Petter obviously is not "loeb" on asphalt but compared to Mäkinen he was as comprehensively better on asphalt than on gravel.

No offense but I don't understand what you mean by this sentence? Better than Mäkinen on tarmac or he (Petter) was better on tarmac than on gravel?
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just because Subaru was on incompetitive tyres.
    ahhh the memories..... "our tyres are the problem".....that old chestnut... it taken them 2 years to realise it wasnt the tyres.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    He was not older than Marcus last year and was not more in "pre retirement mood" than Sainz and Mcrae at that time.
    And you know this for sure? Care to tell the source of this information?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    ahhh the memories..... "our tyres are the problem".....that old chestnut... it taken them 2 years to realise it wasnt the tyres.
    Yeah, they went one component further from the ground then...it's these damn dampers that are failing...wonder how many years that will take...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi

...... But I'd have him over Latvala in my rally team any day.
    Then you will be a bad Team-manager :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think that Latvala is faster than Hirvonen afterall. Except maybe for Sweden, he's always been slower than Mikko, while running in similar road position. As for Mikko himself, I think, in contrast, since the start of the year he has proven so many times he's a real #1 driver, especially in tight fights as in Jordan, Finland or New Zealand. And by the way, many people might say that he lost main battles, but wait - is it easy to push to the limits, when you know that your team-mate crashed, and you now can not afford any mistakes? Had Latvala been at least as reliable as good boy Sordo, we would have probably seen a different result in Finland.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".