Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, Turn 3, I still haven't gotten the answer to the question about why the drivers felt they could go three-abreast into that corner on a street course. If Danica gives Rahal room, she hits Meira. If she gives Meira room, she hits Rahal. If neither Meira nor Rahal has room, they both hit Danica. Crash waiting to happen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravefish
    A fair and correct call - the mistake that cost Helio the position was made at the corner prior to the blocking maneuver. Wilson was going to make the pass any way you look at it, the loss of one position is an adequate penalty for the situation. Nobody would be blinking an eyelid if the penalty was over a fight for 15th position and a championship wasnt at stake...
    and Helio admits he blocked but for some reason thinks he should be given a second warning and it should be allowed as he is fighting for the championship. Strange logic apart from the fact that he should not have beena sleep at the drivers meeting and if he was awake then he was black flagged after a second warning. Basically he was slower than JW and made an unsporting gesture and was docked. Dont do it again. Sad thing here is not only his inability to say sorry but also the fact that Roger Penske did not speak out and admit the penalty was fair.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Turn 3, those videos werent necessary were they?? Its not like she is the only one who makes mistakes.
    As for the last one when she crashed at Kentucky Speedway, that was during practice this year at Kentucky. I was down in her pits when that happened. I got a piece of her car from that incident. Its the right side panel with the Motorola logo.

And the reason for the crash was something broke on the right side of her car causing her to go into the wall. She couldnt steer it. That is clearly evident in the video.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Danica isn't penalized because she's not blocking for the lead, period. She blocks the worst when she's about to go a lap down. The IRL needs to enforce blue flags a little better IMO.

Great race, BTW. Good to see JW get a win. It's been a really crappy year for him and NHLR in general.
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What I find telling is Helio expected to get away with a block and be given a warning. It was as if there is a free pass for the first one, so he was going to use it. He knew it was a block, but was counting on race control to let the first one pass with a slap on the wrist. Instead he got a whoop up side da' head. Deservedly so, especially after hearing his explanation afterward that he was counting on the first one being a warning only.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Danica's incident with Meira was a racing incident IMO. She had nowhere to go.

Helio's move was beyond a block, it was a "I'm putting you into the wall". When you move over a car width, it's a block, when you keep going it's something else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The IRL fan
    i disagree with wilson prob not winning, helio car fell off
    He had almost a 17 second lead before Wheldon orchestrated the FCY.

Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    Generally, from what I've read, the racing rules on blocking are that you can make one move, not two. When Helio went inside to block, that was his one move. When Wilson swung outside and Helio swung outside to get the angle on the turn, that was the second move.
    This could also indicate their inexperience of officiating street races. Helio pretty much stuck to his racing line except for when JW stuck his nose up the inside. HC's move left was not a blocking move IMO but setting himself up for the turn apex. Had JW tried coming up the outside, he likely would have been in the wall or drawn an "avoidable contact" penatly.

I will add an experienced JW knows how to "draw a foul" and in this case it worked. To bad other drivers didn't have the same influence when trying to pass the Princess of blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    so why have they not penalized danica? she consistantly blocks race after race, taking vitor out of contention this week. Yet gets away with it. No penalty.
    There were plenty of drivers doing the same to Dixon mid-race, not a hint of help from the officials. A tight street circuit like Detroit would benefit from Cotman's two lane option.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pits4me
    HC's move left was not a blocking move IMO but setting himself up for the turn apex.
    It doesn't matter. You can change your line ONCE. You cannot decide to take the inside line and then at the last minute decide ..."actually I need to adjust my line now".

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pits4me
    He had almost a 17 second lead before Wheldon orchestrated the FCY.

This could also indicate their inexperience of officiating street races. Helio pretty much stuck to his racing line except for when JW stuck his nose up the inside. HC's move left was not a blocking move IMO but setting himself up for the turn apex. Had JW tried coming up the outside, he likely would have been in the wall or drawn an "avoidable contact" penatly.

I will add an experienced JW knows how to "draw a foul" and in this case it worked. To bad other drivers didn't have the same influence when trying to pass the Princess of blocking.

There were plenty of drivers doing the same to Dixon mid-race, not a hint of help from the officials. A tight street circuit like Detroit would benefit from Cotman's two lane option.
    i am a helio fan, but i dare say, if his car, was that great, he wolud have passed justin like nothing,, and justin was catching him anyway just alittle,

but as far as, dan orchestrated a yellow, i agree on that one
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    What I find telling is Helio expected to get away with a block and be given a warning. It was as if there is a free pass for the first one, so he was going to use it. He knew it was a block, but was counting on race control to let the first one pass with a slap on the wrist. Instead he got a whoop up side da' head. Deservedly so, especially after hearing his explanation afterward that he was counting on the first one being a warning only.

Gary
    Most drivers in the paddock are used to getting a warning, especially on tight street circuits where its hard to pass.

The other problem is how penalized drivers can lose 2 positions when they move over because the same officials typically do not mandate the 3rd car hold its position. Kanaan was lurking like a hungry wolf and Helio almost got black flagged because he was trying to protect his 2nd place when letting JW passed.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.