Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old3Fan
    Helio has been warned about blocking in the past. During drivers meeting prior to every race they are warned about blocking and the penalty for it. Helio was definitely blocking.........therefore Wilson was allowed to take the position. Wilson won legitimately. Learn the rules and live with them. Old3Fan has spoken! End of Story.
    Agree. If all your going to do is warn drivers, the blocking will continue. Helio's swerve was blatant and he deserved the penalty. If he wanted to hold the lead, then he should've gotten off the corners better and not let Wilson get a great run on him.

Congratulations to JW and NHL. It's been a tough year for them and I'm glad Wilson was able to show why CC fans generally had a high opinion of his driving abilities.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    Wheldon's accident worked out well for Dixon didn't it?
    Yes. It did look a bit suspicous to me.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    They really should have given him a warning first. I'm a big Wilson fan but he probably shouldn't have won that.

Wheldon's accident worked out well for Dixon didn't it?
    Barnhardt clearly stated that a warning did occur, during the driver meeting.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The same thing happen in 06 during a Champcar races, trying to remember which one, when Timo Glock was order to move over and let Servia by and by do so Servia pick up his first and only Champcar victory. Back in the CART days Helio was know for blocking I was just watching some old CART Champcar races and he was been warn about the blocking back than, but rules are rules and I like Helio nice guy, but just because he is in the point championship battle doesn't mean that you turn a blind eye, when a rule is been broken.

I feel bad for Helio, but he should been thankful that he came away with a second place finish, it could been worse another driver might not have back out of it, nor brake for that matter in time to advoid contact.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Champcar4life
    I feel bad for Helio, but he should been thankful that he came away with a second place finish, it could been worse another driver might not have back out of it, nor brake for that matter in time to advoid contact.
    He should feel very lucky it was Justin back there and not PT. Beep, beep goes the chrome horn.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Champcar4life
    The same thing happen in 06 during a Champcar races, trying to remember which one, when Timo Glock was order to move over and let Servia by and by do so Servia pick up his first and only Champcar victory.
    That was Montréal 2005 (not 06, as Glock would have been in GP2 by then) - that race came to my mind as well. It always leaves a bit of a shallow taste when a driver wins that way, but if Helio really has been warned about his blocking and still continues to do it, the penalty is fair, IMO.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The IRL fan
    i agree, but i do that the fact that indycar doesnt play faves like other racings do
    so why have they not penalized danica? she consistantly blocks race after race, taking vitor out of contention this week. Yet gets away with it. No penalty.

For all the penalty free blocking she has done this year they should start her from the back of the grid in Chicagoland.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    Generally, from what I've read, the racing rules on blocking are that you can make one move, not two.
    Dreadful call, Helio played by the rules.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    He should feel very lucky it was Justin back there and not PT. Beep, beep goes the chrome horn.

Gary

Exactly. If you want to have passing, and you're going to prohibit punting, you have to prohibit blocking as well. Otherwise, all the passes will be made in the pits or using fuel strategy.

Tough weekend for Penske, though, first his driver gets penalized for punting one of the Flying Lizard cars in the ALMS race, then Helio gets the call in the Indycar race.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99
    That was Montréal 2005 (not 06, as Glock would have been in GP2 by then) - that race came to my mind as well. It always leaves a bit of a shallow taste when a driver wins that way, but if Helio really has been warned about his blocking and still continues to do it, the penalty is fair, IMO.
    Your are correct on that one,I have no ideal why I thought it was 06, but I remember that race and how about Germany 03 I think when Mario D was held in the pits for so many second, because he was warn about blocking seabass and to me it was clean race, but Seabass made some moves that was close to what Mario D was doing and not once was he warn about making move to block Mario D.