Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think comparing the lack of talent of Roth and Duno is like deciding whether I rather be burned to death or have the Ebola virius. A quick study of Detroit combined practice times showed Ms Duno best lap was 6.5 seconds behind Dixon's best lap time. Whereas, monsieur Roth was a whopping 12.5 seconds per lap slower than Dixon. Meaning if they would have completed the entire distance at the speed OF THEIR BEST LAPS, Milka would have been about 7 laps down and Rothy would have been 14 laps down (excusing my poor math and the my assumption that there were no yellows).
    Team Super Friends the new factory Honda team.:D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Just cause she put the towel in the face of Danica and told DP to fkkkkkkoff on the TV is no reason to engage in a personal attack on her talent....
    That incident has nothing to do with it. Danica was right on when she told Milka .."do you think your money can make you a driver. So true. And it was funny when Danica said..."not my fault you are slow.." Hilarious

Milka has no talent. She never finishes on the lead lap. She DNF's more times than she finishes. She always gets lapped, she is slower than everyone, and becomes a danger to all the other drivers on the track. She does not belong in the IRL.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    That incident has nothing to do with it. Danica was right on when she told Milka .."do you think your money can make you a driver. So true. And it was funny when Danica said..."not my fault you are slow.." Hilarious.
    Yes, hilarious. What a rapier wit Danica has. It's good to see that The Danica is putting her recently acquired GED to such good use.

Does Milka belong in the IRL? Not for me to answer. Maybe not. Personally, I think she should have stayed in Grand Am. But she's a woman of means, who is living her dream... like Marty Roth and others who have had more dollars than talent, who've raced over the years IN ALL FORMULAS. Unlike Danica, Milka's not delusional enough to believe that she's F1 material. She didn't start doing ANY sort of racing until she was 24 or 25 and she has improved. She's still slow. She'll never be as good a driver as Scott Dixon or Helio... but then again, neither will Danica. Milka probably has twice the I.Q. of Danica and ten times the level of class and maturity. Milka tends to switch series or formulas every couple of years. By this time next year, she may look to take her Citgo sponsorship to drag racing. Who knows? But her IRL experience is no different than her ALMS, Le Mans and Grand Am experience: just another line on her resume of life, and something to talk about at dinner parties and country club get togethers in a few years.

I'm not sure what The Danica will be doing in a few years. If she's still racing, I'd say she'll be showing increasing amounts of skin to maintain her popularity. As the seasons pass and the birthdays click over, her inability to produce results on the track to meet her PR and fluffy hype off the track may catch up to her. Course, maybe she'll nail her F1 "test" (unzip your uniform and bend over the car for a second, Danica *shutter click* *shutter click*) and Honda F1 will have to fight McLaren and Ferrari for her services.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Milka and Marty would stick to the ovals, they would be OK backmarkers. They've both shown flashes of skill here and there on the circles and have had some mid-pack finishes on average equipment. But please, no more roadcourses. It makes them look bad and the league look bad. If they want to be road racers and develop those skills in the off-season, that's fine. But learning, while on very challenging tracks like Belle Isle, is just not smart.