Thread: Energy Recovery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Energy Recovery

F1 needs this technology to be forced upon them, while Citroen just do it for fun.

"The HYmotion4 system enables a proportion of the kinetic energy produced during braking to be recovered and stored. This energy is accumulated by a motor-generator in the form of electricity in battery packs positioned at the rear of the car. It can then be employed either to deliver extra power when accelerating or to drive the car using emission-free electrical power alone, with no engine noise or exhaust fumes."

http://pull.xmr3.com/cgi-bin/pull/Do...7/08158006.jpg

http://pull.xmr3.com/cgi-bin/pull/Do...3/08160015.jpg

http://pull.xmr3.com/cgi-bin/pull/Do...5/08160010.jpg

excellent
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I think this is a very encouraging news for the sport. WRC, although it has various problems about media and tv yet, is going in the right way. The series needs to find new ways to make greener the competition. Pirelli also started in September the production of the new "Eco Tyre" for both Gp.N cars and S2000 cars.

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Do they have any plans for it?

MJW
    Isnt this the KERS system to be introduced in F1 next year?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Is this actually going to be rallied or is it just an advertising exercise?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they can produce KERS in Formula One, they can definitely introduce a similar system in WRC as the weight and/or space is not as critical in WRCar as in Formula One car. But without overtaking, I'm not sure how the "boost" you get from the recovered energy can make the show better. And I'm not sure about the safety in case of accident.... You can instruct course marshalls in Formula One to act in proper way but you can't instruct all the rally spectators not to help the crews getting back on the road. I'm afraid somebody will get electric shock like the BMW mechanics.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koko0703
    If they can produce KERS in Formula One, they can definitely introduce a similar system in WRC as the weight and/or space is not as critical in WRCar as in Formula One car. But without overtaking, I'm not sure how the "boost" you get from the recovered energy can make the show better. And I'm not sure about the safety in case of accident.... You can instruct course marshalls in Formula One to act in proper way but you can't instruct all the rally spectators not to help the crews getting back on the road. I'm afraid somebody will get electric shock like the BMW mechanics.
    I could be cynical and say that the spectators helping a car back on the stage won't be a problem - when they're in a pen and can't move, they can't help anybody.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

I thought the WRC was trying to get away from Hi-Tech? Not to mention the fact that rally cars sometimes accidentally detour into streems and lakes, I know I'll never have a 400 volt battery pack in my rally car just waiting to electrocute me and anyone who comes to help.