Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peewhee
    It doesn't matter how many times I read this.. I am still confused!
    Tough.

I am so frankly sick and tired of every reply being of that they are continually confused by something even though theirs clearly nothing to be confused over, that I don't give a damn anymore. I know how it sounded to me and surely that is all that is important. I know all what I wanted to say was said. That the Leon isn't of the type that has been very successful in the past. The Integra and Astra Coupe are much longer than the Leon. The Leon seems very squat to me. I have seen more aerodynamic breeze blocks.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I an clear this up I think. Ignore the sport hatch for a moment here.

All the cars mentioned regardless being classed as a saloon, coupe or hatch. Have a "sticky out boot bit", technical terminolgy there!

This does make the car slightly more Aero.

Ignoring the Sporthatch model of course.
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    exactly - the easiest way is to differentiate a 3 box shape and a 2 box shape.

the saloon, coupes etc generally have a 3 box shape - bonnet, body and boot, albeit the coupe's tend to have a raked rear profile rather than a bolted on boot section, but both of these offer aero gains over the 2 box shape, as in most hatchbacks - see the civic, leon etc.

the terms "saloon" is loosley applied to most of the 3 box shape cars, although the only true saloons in the BTCC at the moment i would say are the MG ZS and maybe the Chevvy and Toledo, but the BMW, Vectra, Integra and previously the Astra Coupe all fall into the 3 box profile shape IMO
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Alan: Morning, Sophie. You're not a man, are you?

Sophie: No. Would you settle this month's bill, please?

Alan: [Taking the bill from her] Right. Eight pounds "Miscellaneous Services". That sounds disconcertingly vague.

Sophie: [Smirking slightly] You used this pay channel [Writes something down on the bill in front of him]

Alan: Ah, right, yeah. It's very confusing.

[Sophie turns away to hide her laughter.]

Alan: Sophie, I find the pay channels very confusing. Can I just explain? I was trying to access 'Driving Miss Daisy'.

Sophie: [Turning back] Oh, right. And that's why you only watched it for fifteen minutes?

Alan: Yes, because it was the wrong film. Have you seen it, is it good?

Sophie: What, 'Driving Miss Daisy' or 'Bangkok Chick-boys?'

Alan: [Sternly] 'Driving Miss Daisy'. Is it a good film?

Sophie: I don't know, I haven't seen it. Was 'Bangkok Chick-boys' good?

Alan: I don't know, I didn't see it. I couldn't see it because I was in the bathroom.

[Ben arrives.]

Sophie: Oh, Ben. Mr. Partridge was just saying that he couldn't see 'Bangkok Chick-boys' from his bathroom.

Ben: Well you can if you angle the mirror by the door. Do you want me to show you?

Alan: No! I only watched it for five minutes. The remote control's confusing.

[Sophie smiles at Ben.]

Ben: Oh, what you will have done is, when it flashed up on your screen, "Do you want to watch Bangkok Chick-boys?" you must have pressed the button that said "yes".

Alan: Yeah, well, as I say, it's very confusing.

Ben: Do you want me to come up and show you the button that says "no"?

Alan: Yes. I mean, yes, I want you to come up and show me the button that says "no".

Ben: Oh, and I'll show you that mirror thing.

Alan: No. [To Sophie] Look, do you want me to settle this bill?

Sophie: Er, no. I mean, yes! You're right, it is confusing, isn't it?

Alan: [Sternly] Yes.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks VX_Rules and Robinho for explaining that concept.

Good to see some people bothering to explain.. That is all I wanted to know!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peewhee
    Thanks VX_Rules and Robinho for explaining that concept.

Good to see some people bothering to explain.. That is all I wanted to know!
    What concept is that? I still haven't got the foggiest what anyone has said. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')