Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    Pretty subdued celebrations by Rossi and his fans, apart from Uccios humping of his leg, I think they realise that CS gifted them the win AGAIN!
    Are you sure you were watching the same race? Subdued celebrations?!?! They were so loud and euphoric that even Jorge and Elias were stunned. Did anyone see Rossi getting emotional on the podium after the Italian national anthem ended with every one of them singing along? He tried really, really hard not to cry and succeeded somehow.

Maybe you had your TV volume down, because I have myself never seen such a loud crowd after just one rider. Admit it or not, Valentino Rossi is officially the biggest crowd favorite of all time. His fan following will remain unchallenged in almost every country unless we get someone better, not only a good rider, but a good showman.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sorry, but Vale has broken Casey, just as he has broken Sete and Max before him...........

Stoner can make all the excuses he wants, but it comes down to pressure.... nothing more, nothing less. To throw a 3 second lead away is inexcuseable at any level, let alone the top.

Now, i'm off to do some engraving on the world championship trophy....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osg
    I'm sorry, but Vale has broken Casey, just as he has broken Sete and Max before him...........

Stoner can make all the excuses he wants, but it comes down to pressure.... nothing more, nothing less. To throw a 3 second lead away is inexcuseable at any level, let alone the top.

I don't believe that Stoner has been broken but time will tell. I'm confident Casey and Ducati will learn from their recent struggles and improve. It's just a shame the championship has fizzled out into such a non-event.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Casey just needs a little time of rest.. I bet you that he will come back amazing after the big winter break, just like in 2007
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ducati still have Elias, They may need to think to place him at factory team in case Stoner has his mental isn't quite up to Rossi's game. He has twice collided with Rossi and took him out.

Is it Michelin significantly improved, or Lorenzo has implemented the right tyres management as he looked nearly fall off at early race and stronger to the end of the race, he is probably getting back at form. However the two Yamaha scored result exceptionally spettacolo.

I was unfortunate unable to watch podium celebration. I forgot what I was doing, but the program seems changed after advertising when the race finished. Calcio league was already in the queue and was to blame.

You're entitled to your opinion of course. Be careful with those sharp engraving tools.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    Are you sure you were watching the same race? Subdued celebrations?!?! They were so loud and euphoric that even Jorge and Elias were stunned. Did anyone see Rossi getting emotional on the podium after the Italian national anthem ended with every one of them singing along? He tried really, really hard not to cry and succeeded somehow.

Maybe you had your TV volume down, because I have myself never seen such a loud crowd after just one rider. Admit it or not, Valentino Rossi is officially the biggest crowd favorite of all time. His fan following will remain unchallenged in almost every country unless we get someone better, not only a good rider, but a good showman.
    I think what jim mend was that Rossi and his fanclub didnt have anything prepared. No snow-white, giant bowling pins, past legends to ride his bike etc... Given that he equalled Ago's 68 premier-class wins.

The start/finish line did look like a sea of yellow at the podium ceremony and I think you are right, Rossi did get emotional

BTW did the San Marino minister kiss Rossi's hand when he was giving him the trophy or did I imagine that?
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

once is a mistake. twice, you can forgive. but, three times, and one is left with no other conclusion.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    I don't believe that Stoner has been broken but time will tell. I'm confident Casey and Ducati will learn from their recent struggles and improve. It's just a shame the championship has fizzled out into such a non-event.
    I think they'll get it sorted too. It would have been an exciting championship if Casey had kept it together and if Lorenzo had not been carrying injuries for so many races. They, along with Rossi and Pedrosa up front in the races would have made for great racing. But that's in a perfect racing world. There are some great battles going on mid pack but often we don't get to see much of them. Anyway WSBKs are back next weekend

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Vermeulen rode a great race! With Capirex not far behind. The Suzuki is getting stronger with every round.

Great result for Fiat Yamaha at what is effectively the home round, although everyone would be very relieved that Stoner went down again... none more than Elias
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"