Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I could be boring and point out that you can all get a reasonable idea of my entire predictions for all classes all the way from the League pricings in the other thread

But seriously, Nicky had a much better 2006 than any of his previous years. It is true that the other four of the top five riders had their issues, but that doesn't change who won the championship.

For this year I expect the same bunch at the front- hard to say in what order - , joined by Casey Stoner on pace at least. Colin Edwards is as tricky to judge as ever, and Kenny jnr and the Suzukis will be possible dark horses.

250cc is wide open, anyone from Jorge, Andrea, Hiroshi, Alex de Angelis, Alvaro, Mika Kallio, Hector Barbera, Yuki Takahashi, etc...

125cc I expect the top five to be the three Aspar bikes plus Pasini and Lukas Pesek.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patnicholls
    125cc I expect the top five to be the three Aspar bikes plus Pasini and Lukas Pesek.
    Add Nico Terol to that bunch I rekon.. And KTM's Tomoyoshi Koyama.. They'll have a chance to be right at the pointy end. Maybe even Matt's man Joan Olive could have the season he's capable of this year (being Pasini's teammate.)

As far as the 250's go, well its the most wide open of alll classes, and the most competetive IMO. Lorenzo, Barbera, Aoyama, Dovizioso, De Angelis and Takahashi.. Along with newcomers Bautista, Luthi and Kallio, anyone could win, the racing is going to be outstanding. I just hope Ant West can get in amongst the front runners and get his name in with the likes of those listed. He tests on Wednesday and that should give us some indication..

Peace.
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But we must not forget that Nicky Hayden didnt win last yrs championship though talent alone he won it though luck only!!!

I dont think Nicky is a threat to Valentino this yr i think his mine threat is pedrosa!!! if Honda thought Nicky could of done it again this yr they would of given him the best bike instead of giving it to Pedrosa!!

Id like to see Marco do well this yr!!!
    27 is the Number and Casey Stoner is the name!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i am a bit of a Nicky fan ,but then i have no particular favourites in motoGP/SBK,just am a confirmed neutral,i don't care who wins as long as i get brilliant racing
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotbikerchic33
    But we must not forget that Nicky Hayden didnt win last yrs championship though talent alone he won it though luck only!!!
    Thanks for the giggle. Luck can get you the odd podium or maybe even a win but not 2 wins and 8 other podiums. The guy only finished outside the top 5 twice for goodness sake!
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah!!,you can say that Honda made hayden a great bike but that doesn't take anything away from what Hayden's managed to do,he's beaten Rossi at his own game,and the reason as to why he's won the championship.......the consistency,you rarely see Hayden make a mistake
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    It's true that Nicky had a lot of luck. Vale had a very poor run at the beginning of the season and Hayden's win in Assen was a bit fortunate. You also have to consider that his other win came on his local circuit which very few of the GP riders are familiar with and was in a poor state. Don't forget also that Valentino would have won the championship had it not been for Le Mans and that drag race to the line at Estoril.

However (deep breath) Hayden is obviously a very talented rider who managed to do something that Sete Gibernau and Max Biaggi never managed, even after Rossi's move to Yamaha which was seen by many as a mistake. Nicky is the most consistent rider on the grid (apart from Casey Stoner who was surely odds on to end every race in the gravel by the end of the season : ) If Hayden failed to score a top 6 finish it was a shock (I never thought he'd do as badly as he did in Brno). I still don't really like him and can't see him winning the championship this year but he will run Rossi close.

As for Pedrosa I only need to mention to the longer standing members the many times the debate over having Honda's 'best' bike. In most of the last few seasons it's been the older bike which does better as it has a better reliability and is often proven.

This year is going to be one of the closest seasons for a while, the only thing that will really surprise me is if only 2 or 3 riders win a race this season, watch out, it's going to be a good one
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    Add Nico Terol to that bunch I rekon.. And KTM's Tomoyoshi Koyama.. They'll have a chance to be right at the pointy end. Maybe even Matt's man Joan Olive could have the season he's capable of this year (being Pasini's teammate.)
    Yeah those guys should be in the front-ish bunch, Koyama could be a dark horse for the title. Ditto Bradley Smith hopefully for the front pack, Pol Espargaro (he is good), Raffaele de Rosa (needs consistency though) and Pablo Nieto will be in there too now he's back in 125s. Maybe even Randy Krummenacher on the second KTM. I think the front five will be the ones I said first though

Plenty of the top guys from last have moved up, so it is a chance for new names to come to the fore in that class - which is what it's there for, after all!
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stoner will win a race on its ducati

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rossi will win championship without a doubt
    27 is the Number and Casey Stoner is the name!