Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Moto GP 2007 - expectations

So what are your first thoughts and predictions?

Was 2006 an exception for Rossi and he now continues winning like he did before 2006 or are we going to have a close title race again?
    Can Hayden fight again for the title or will team-mate Pedrosa be able to beat him on his 2nd Moto GP season?
    Will other youngsters like Elias and Stoner make a step forward?
    Is Checa's time conclusively over?
    Can returned Barros compete at the same level as he did before leaving to Superbikes?
    Roberts Jr. hasn't had such a good season like in 2006 for a long time. Is it a sign for a second coming?
    What about others?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    From testing atribute Rossi used with logo of the legend sword Excalibur or King Arthur, 2006 should be only an exception for Rossi losing the grip. The one and only genuine king will return this year.

But, from his term extend the contract with Yamaha a year and a year, i doubt will he still have good appetite riding bike, more over Fiat is strongly rumoured to sponsor him on Yamaha as step to switch to four wheels when the time came. Whathever the motivation he is supposed to get back at his best form as motogp rider.

I don't look down on 2006 champ's ability, he is good rider, but head to head against his teammate i can't say him better than Pedrosa, you decide.

Elias and Stoner i expect to get better than last year, but i hope myself wrong to see them consistently unconsistent

Some old player like Jacque and Baros i dont think they will perform better as Checa or Kr Jr, at least from their bike point of view, IMO

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Was 2006 an exception for Rossi and he now continues winning like he did before 2006 or are we going to have a close title race again?
    Can Hayden fight again for the title or will team-mate Pedrosa be able to beat him on his 2nd Moto GP season?
    Will other youngsters like Elias and Stoner make a step forward?
    Is Checa's time conclusively over?
    Can returned Barros compete at the same level as he did before leaving to Superbikes?
    Roberts Jr. hasn't had such a good season like in 2006 for a long time. Is it a sign for a second coming?
    What about others?
    Without doubt Rossi's the man to beat, he is so determined to win the title back after last year, that I really wouldn't be surprised if it was a year of Rossi domination.

However, being on new bikes and having a fairly level playing field for all riders, challengers are going to come from more directions than last year. I dont think Hayden will win the title, he'll win at Laguna but wont win to many others. Pedrosa, Melandri and Capirossi will be the ones to watch out for. Also, if Suzuki can re-produce their form from the Sepang tests regularly, then CV and Hopper will threaten the podium regularly. (P.I tests suggest otherwise.)

Checa and Nakano both seem to be struggling to come to grips with the RC212V atm, its quite ironic that Shinya is complaining of the exact same problems that Tamada was for his entire time on Michelins. I hope, unlike Makoto, Shinya can sort these problems out and display to us the talent that he clearly possesses.

Barros, Checa, I dont think they should be in MotoGP anymore, but, as we've discussed so many times before, money talks. Barros will be more likely to challenge for podiums, even wins. Checa will continue his mid-field runnings, with the odd top five. I believe they will both be saying goodbye from racing at the end of this year though (or do i hope? :laugh

Its going to be a tough year, mechanical failures will be heightened due to the new machinery and the racing (hopefully) will be tough and close. All i can say is I hope 2007 is as entertaining and exciting as 2006.

Peace.
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [
    But, from his term extend the contract with Yamaha a year and a year, i doubt will he still have good appetite riding bike, more over Fiat is strongly rumoured to sponsor him on Yamaha as step to switch to four wheels when the time came. .

Run that bit by me again. Fiat ,maker of cheap and very underated cars, ( I love them ) are rumoured to be in talks about sponsoring Yamaha. What would that look like?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Of course Rossi will win the championship this season without a doubt Hayden doesnt stand a chance he only won last yrs though the misfortune of others mainly Rossi,

Rossi had a bad season last yr with afew things going wrong for him thats how Hayden got his points not cos he was the best rider out there cos he isnt!

Hayden isnt a threat to Rossi the only one who is Pedrosa if any!
    if Honda thought Hayden was so great why have they given Pedrobot? ( as he is nicknamed ) the best bike!!

So like i said Rossi will win the championship without a doubt!
    Go Rossi Go!!!!!!!!!!!
    27 is the Number and Casey Stoner is the name!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotbikerchic33
    Of course Rossi will win the championship this season without a doubt Hayden doesnt stand a chance he only won last yrs though the misfortune of others mainly Rossi,

Rossi had a bad season last yr with afew things going wrong for him thats how Hayden got his points not cos he was the best rider out there cos he isnt!

Hayden isnt a threat to Rossi the only one who is Pedrosa if any!
    if Honda thought Hayden was so great why have they given Pedrobot? ( as he is nicknamed ) the best bike!!

So like i said Rossi will win the championship without a doubt!
    Go Rossi Go!!!!!!!!!!!
    Umm, if im not mistaken you would have made the same prediction as this one at the start of 2006 We all know how 2006 turned out.. I wouldn't say he will win without a doubt, BUT he has to be favorite, for sure..

Remember though, in this mad, crazy, topsy turvy world of motorcycle racing, annnnything can happen.. Heck, Checa could win the titl- no wait thats going a bit far, but u get the gist of it!
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some things you just know the result and Rossi winning the championship is a sure fire thing!

Hayden aint going to get a look in this yr!!!

If Rossi doesnt win ( and he will ) id like Marco to win! as that guy is as sexy as F**k!!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I can't see Nicky winning the title again this year. Mind you I didn't expect him to win last season, especially after Dani's little slip up in Estoril. I'm expecting Yamaha to have the best bike but Honda won't be far behind. Pedrosa will probably be The Doc's main rival but I wouldn't be surprised if Stoner starts to rack up some points as well, as long as he remembers that you have to stay on the bike for the WHOLE race

Should be a good season though (can't remember one that hasn't been exciting in nearly every race) but I reckon it'll be back to old form for Vale.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez
    I can't see Nicky winning the title again this year. Mind you I didn't expect him to win last season, especially after Dani's little slip up in Estoril. I'm expecting Yamaha to have the best bike but Honda won't be far behind. Pedrosa will probably be The Doc's main rival but I wouldn't be surprised if Stoner starts to rack up some points as well, as long as he remembers that you have to stay on the bike for the WHOLE race

Should be a good season though (can't remember one that hasn't been exciting in nearly every race) but I reckon it'll be back to old form for Vale.
    Nicky has had his moment of glory he knows and we know he'll never get the championship title again!!!! so enjoy it while you can Hayden!!!

Any Hayden fans out there? ( he must have at least one out there hee hee)
    wanting to comment??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    While there are plenty of other riders I like more than Hayden, he deserves a lot of credit. Regardless of how you view his talent or why you may think he ended up with the championship. The fact remains he is the only rider who has beaten Valentino in 990cc class. No one else will every be able to say that.

I think at this point in time, Nicky has as much of a chance to win the championship as anyone does. He works hard, he is very very consistent, and it's too early to know what Lady Luck has in store for the riders this season.

That said. I expect whoever is fighting for the championship this year, it will be against Rossi.
    go speed racer go