Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    You didnt watch the same race I did. She was taken out of contention of winning this race, thanks to Vitor Meira. He bumped her out causing her to go off course. Then she had to get her car started and get a change of tires. Thats how she went a lap down.

She would of easily been in the top 10.
    OMG!! Just when I thought you might come around. She took out EJ and Vitor in less than a half of a lap!!!! Good thing for Rahal she went left instead of holding her line into the turn.

She blocked Wheldon down back straight on at least 2 noticeable TV shots, causing Wheldon to go off strategy since she was so slow. Then...a pass of beauty when Power dive bombed her. Only to watch her block Meira for another 10 laps, making it necessary for him to pit a few laps early also.

Finally, the back marker pits and comes out if front of EJ...blocks him but he's bold so he passes in the marbles anyway and crashes whilst the whiny brat weaves back and forth across the track to take care of Rahal and Meira.

She has a reputation among the drivers...well deserved. At least she has a title that she's earned.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    She had a top 5 car, easily a top 10.
    Based on what fact? Her lap times? Look at the speed chart at www.indycar.com. Based on track position? She Was 10th getting passed by Dixon, Power, Junqueria, etc. Even if she would've successfully blocked the entire 2nd half of the field she was looking at P14 tops...thanks to attrition (2 of which she was solely responsible for).
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Based on what fact? Her lap times? Look at the speed chart at www.indycar.com. Based on track position? She Was 10th getting passed by Dixon, Power, Junqueria, etc. Even if she would've successfully blocked the entire 2nd half of the field she was looking at P14 tops...thanks to attrition (2 of which she was solely responsible for).
    You've already asked. So I'll wait for him to answer you instead of me asking the exact same question.

There have been drivers that I really liked over the years too. But if the only place they picked up spots was in my head, I didn't look for the scoring sheets to reflect my wishes and fantasies.

You know what would have been funny? If Vitor Meira (wearing a Milka Duno t-shirt) had gone up to Danica after the race and said, "Hey, I can't help it if you're slow!"
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    You know what would have been funny? If Vitor Meira (wearing a Milka Duno t-shirt) had gone up to Danica after the race and said, "Hey, I can't help it if you're slow!"
    "oh no you didn't"

missed the race, but very happy for Wilson on the win, after all the event's he should've won, but the cars unreliability cost him on the road courses
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by underpowered
    What the hell was Mike Hull thinking. Chip needs to get rid of him I think. Maybe Mike will lose the championship for him.
    Race strategy is a bit of luck, and always a guessing game. Mike Hull has done a fairly good job for Dixon the last two seasons, but it is true that lately he's made some poor choices. One thing to think about - Helio qualifying #2 might not have been due to lack of speed. I actually think it was deliberate. That position forced Scott's team into making blind pit decisions.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What the hell was Mike Hull thinking. Chip needs to get rid of him I think. Maybe Mike will lose the championship for him.
    Race strategy is a bit of luck, and always a guessing game. Mike Hull has done a fairly good job for Dixon the last two seasons, but it is true that lately he's made some poor choices. One thing to think about - Helio qualifying #2 might not have been due to lack of speed. I actually think it was deliberate. That position forced Scott's team into making blind pit decisions.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am happy that Justin won. He is a very good driver and deserves to win and hoppefully in the future he will be able to compete for the championship as well...
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I am happy that Justin won. He is a very good driver and deserves to win and hoppefully in the future he will be able to compete for the championship as well...
    Not in 2009 - next year old teams will still rule thanks to the oval experince ...

Great job Justin!
    R.I.P. Michael Park
    Thanks for great memories through many years!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cos
    Congrats Justin! He had the pace to pass Helio on track, and those fastest laps at the end proved it.
    Catching up to someone and then actually passing them are two very different things.