Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rlr Izod Promo At 2008 Magic Fashion Expo

Driving into the LVCC parking lot Tuesday morning I had a second take when a blue IZOD Indycar drove past on the other side of the street. Complete with registered plates.

I made it a point to stop by the IZOD exhibit to see the Indycar display.

They promoted a pit crew challenge on the main floor throughout the day. Ryan Hunter-Raey signing autographs. The 2 seater Indy car was giving rides to VIP guests in the LVCC parking lot in 100ºF + heat. Kudos to Rahal's roller crew! They kept everyone smiling despite the heat.

This is the side of sponsorship few race fans get to see or appreciate. Some people there didn't even know what kind of racing it was. I personally think the IRL should step up and help promote the series at these events. There was a lot of space in the exhibit for additional material to introduce open wheel to fans at large. Maybe if the series supported some of these higher profile team sponsors, we wouldn't have guys like Tyler Tadevic and PCM throwing in the towel so quickly due to lack of sponsorship.

And here we were led to believe the mergification would help attract sponsors, not have them question ROI and take their sports marketing dollars elsewhere.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry guys - no pix. Camera police were out in full force at this show...
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.