Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts

Miggins going for 3!

I read the article about Mark Higgins going for 3 championships in 2007 in motorsport news the other week, BRC, PWRC and ITC. I think all are well within his grasp....but maybe on their own! What I mean is, as we all know the BRC and ITC have 3 crossover rounds; the Jim Clark, Manx and Ulster. So does anyone know his stratagy in terms of which cars he will use, GroupN/WRC, on which events. I know i'm stating the obvious here, but in the WRC car he will not score BRC points, and on the other hand in a Group N car he wont be on the pace of the WRC cars. Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is a very tall order! As for the PWRC, if luck is on his side, he'll clean up!

Cheers

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    He wouldnt have been better putting his funds together and doing an 8-10 round WRC campaign?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    He wouldnt have been better putting his funds together and doing an 8-10 round WRC campaign?
    +1!!!

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Silly me..... I read the article again last night, it says he will be using the Group N Subaru on the 3 crossover rounds! I dont think his budget would cover him for that many rounds in a WRC car to be honest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    If they were 'his' funds I'm sure this is a call he could make, I gather he is going where his sponsors want him to compete, surely its their funds so their call
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As far as I know Pirelli are sponsoring Miggins and Derek McGarrity in the ITC.
    I guess it will be Stobart again for the BRC and I don't know about the PWRC although IIRC Stobart sponsored him there as well the last time he did it back in 2005.