Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So, one way is to have diversity without actual rivalry, but it's immitation because of severe health (and financial) consequences if rivalry becomes quite real, oh wait ..... it has been already invented - WWE - World Wrestling Entertainment . So why not rename IRL to WRE - World Racing Entertainment ....

Get me right - IMO this is one of the ways expenditures may be kept down and a lot of manufacturers taking part of the game, said with sense of humour.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66
    Where'd that car come from?
    wrong thread. Sorry
    Delete please.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    Please delete the picture in the wrong thread-aaarrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fantatic news and best of all its been annouced early to give the manufacturers time to develop and submit their 10 cents worth.

Sort out the ugly car with old Reynards and Lolas and I'd be happy.....
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I appreciate we will not have Reynards and Lolas, but those cars looked bigger than DPo1 and the IRL cars.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    2.0 Litre, turbocharged/intercooled 4 cylinder, fuel must be derived from biomatter. That could be ethanol or bioD. Relevance to the auto consumer, easily adaptable basic engine architecture to other formulae in NA, turbocharged or suprecharged applications. While i suspect they may go V6, I think the step all the way back to 4 cyl. make the most sense to the manufacturers from a marketing and engineering standpoint, and what manufacturer doesn't already have a 4 cylinder in the street car lineup they would love to promote right now?
    I could live with that, but only second generation biofuels should be permitted.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    I could live with that, but only second generation biofuels should be permitted.

I hope that means non-food crop based.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    what manufacturer doesn't already have a 4 cylinder in the street car lineup...?
    BMW?? ...not sure.

I don't believe Audi has any privateer teams in ELMS/ALMS P1 do they? I've lost track.
    I think there's a rumor of a customer team next year. No current customers though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatanut
    Why control even that? Why not just give them an air restrictor diameter? That's why ALMS has 4's, 6's & 8's, and all different displacements.
    +1

I would assume that has something to do with the manufacturers' unwillingness to sell it's engines outright and then have it's reputation damaged when Joe Schmoe the engine builder drops his chewing gum in the crankcase and the engine goes blammo? Honda does not like having people see it's engines hand grenade.
    I'd always thought it was because they wanted to keep control of their R&D knowledge. Similar to how Peugeot supposedly has some trick suspension setup. They also are having the diesel battle with Audi so want to keep a wrap on their goings ons. Vice versa with Audi.

I think it's especially important to also get the number of manufacturers right. People don't particularly like paying to have their cans handed to them on a yearly basis so before you know it you could be back to two manufacturers screwing the sport over.