Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tracy at Detroit and other randomness

We've all heard the rumors about Tracy supposedly being at Infineon (Which apparently didn't come together) and Detroit, but apparently the Walker/Vision combo is working on a deal at Detroit, but considering how random the rest of the article is, I'm not sure it can be trusted.

Talk in Indy Racing League circles has Toronto's Paul Tracy close to a contract that could see him back in a Vision Racing Dallara at the Detroit Grand Prix of Belle Isle on Labour Day weekend.

According to sources, Derrick Walker is working hard to turn Tracy's fourth-place finish at the Rexall Edmonton Indy last month into another start in the Tony George-owned outfit.

There also are rumours linking Tracy to the third car at Chip Ganassi Racing should Darren Manning not re-sign. Another option would be a full-season in 2009 with Vision.
    http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/M...23081-sun.html

Huh? Darren Manning resigning somehow affects Ganassi? There is a third Ganassi car and Alex Lloyd isn't getting it? I guess it was a typo and he meant Wheldon instead of Manning. Anyone else hearing anything about this?

If Tracy does get back with Walker/Vision you would have to think he's a threat for a win. He had a great performance at Edmonton, has experience with the car, track, and team, so I'd have to consider him a favorite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PT at belle Isle is a no brainer...

But as a fan i really want to see him at Chicago.... the vision cars have been stronger on ovals than road coarses this season (save PT run at Edmonton).....

and regardless of his detractors ignorance.... he is a hell of an oval racer

PT at Chicago in a Vision car will be very very interesting
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PT anywhere is very, very interesting.
    :dork: 1 of Original 100 Members

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im with MDS, Im sure he meant if Wheldon doesnt re-sign because Darren Manning has nothing to do with Chip Ganassi. Darren is an AJ Foyt driver.

I like Paul, but if he went to Chicagoland, he would get smoked by quite a few drivers... Danica, Dixon, Kanaan, Andretti, Castroneves, Wheldon, Meira, etc.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pt is a far more all round driver (ovals road street), Than Andretti, Danica can ever hope to be...
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Secondly if Vision are struggling on Road and Street courses then surely it would be in their best long term interest to get someone with PT's experience to assist the other drivers and team with some good results on the road...
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Paul is not better on an oval than Danica.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's one rather ridiculous statement to say the least, heck if he doesn't mean it for ironic reason or simply trying to troll the forum I guess he's just living in his own wonderland of Danica.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Paul is not better on an oval than Danica.

care to support that statement in any way or form...

*this should be fun
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If he ever finds the F1 forum he will be proclaiming her the next World Champion.