Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePI2
    As a race fan all you need to say is Indy. However a weekend at midohio is awsome also.
    Agreed! And there is something very special about going to the Daytona speedway as well, not necessarily to see a NASCAR event. Seeing that 31 degree banking in the flesh is just breathtaking. I saw it for the first time many years ago at a IMSA event there. Years latter, I got to feel the high banks as I hurtled around the track at 169 MPH in a Richard Petty ride along program. WOW!!!!!!

I was on a day trip to St. Augustine and made a stop to see the Daytona Museum. I had hoped to find some info about my uncle Nelson Stacy, that was a bust, but my wife treated me to the ridealong and I was smiling for weeks.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePI2
    oh the worst place to visit in any sport is the akron rubber bowl. If there is a worse place to watch anything then that garbage dump please someone let me know.

david

It wasn't too bad a place to see the Jefferson Airplane (or was it Starship) one summer and the Rolling Stones another. <big ol' grin>

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting thread. Doubt that SI could get anyone to agree on the top 10 becauase everybody would have a favorite that isn't listed. But a couple points that haven't been mentioned, and others have been very good.

1. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is designated as a National Historic Site and the U.S. Indiana quarter features an Indy car on it.

2. I understand St. Andrews, but where in the world is Augusta National, site of the Masters, or Wimbledon, site of the tennis world's most famous event?

3. Wonder if the rodeo grounds for the Calgary Stampede were considered. That's a sprawling complex with a unique event with a rodeo, but chuckwagon racing on a dirt half there is unbelievable.