Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sonoma Testing!!!

Have you seen the video on Sonoma testing for Indycar??? It's on the Indycar website. These cars are uninspiring dogs!!

Then I watched ALMS at Road America. What a let down, not only because the fast agile Champcars weren't there, but also because we may never see top open wheel racing there again!!

Everyone thought that when the "Merger" happened, then the fans would be more united, and the two series combined assets would put everyone where they should be.

Where are all of the great tracks? Where is Champcar's Vanderbilt Cup?

If you think TG is gonna please you on these fronts, well you might as well find something else to watch! I feel very sorry for all of the drivers. They deserve way better tracks, and cars that match/surpass their talents!!

And then they've got this fantastic new contract with VS.??

I would rather have watched Champcar's on ESPN, CBS, ABC this year, and maybe let the IRL come to their senses.

The age of the greatest open wheel racing in North America/abroad is over.........and that is very sad.
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I wonder why don't you watch ALMS or Rolex and come here to troll. I like the current IRL much better than last year CCWS. I find the cars to be OK and the races to be interesting.
    I can't see what's the point to troll. I don't like the NASCAR series, but I respect them. Currently I don;'t like F1 either, but I don't troll in the board.
    I have started to watch sports car racing. If I don't like something I don;t torture myself watching it and I don;t annoy other with trolling.
    Then again, if you prefer the exciting Bourdais walkover against 15 anonymous drivers and call it a great series, I feel sorry for you.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jimi, you say you're trying, but are you really? All that you have done is b!tch and moan. I'm tired of all the CART guys complaining that the IRL isn't doing enough to please the. Well what about me? I'm an IRL fan. I loved the IRL back in 98-99. We had engines that weren't leased. You could have a Chevy from Speedway motors or Menards or build your own. You had different chassis. You had little teams doing the best they could on shoestring budgets. What about me!? I guess I should start complaining all the time about how much I've been let down by "mergification" that took place back then.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimispeed
    Have you seen the video on Sonoma testing for Indycar??? It's on the Indycar website. These cars are uninspiring dogs!!

Then I watched ALMS at Road America. What a let down, not only because the fast agile Champcars weren't there, but also because we may never see top open wheel racing there again!!

Everyone thought that when the "Merger" happened, then the fans would be more united, and the two series combined assets would put everyone where they should be.

Where are all of the great tracks? Where is Champcar's Vanderbilt Cup?

If you think TG is gonna please you on these fronts, well you might as well find something else to watch! I feel very sorry for all of the drivers. They deserve way better tracks, and cars that match/surpass their talents!!

And then they've got this fantastic new contract with VS.??

I would rather have watched Champcar's on ESPN, CBS, ABC this year, and maybe let the IRL come to their senses.

I'm trying guys, but it just simply sucks!!

The age of the greatest open wheel racing in North America/abroad is over.........and that is very sad.
    Is this about Sonoma, or another of you incessant moaning sessions? Please do try to stay on topic, will you. Maybe you should take your own advice and find something else to watch. The continual tirade is getting a bit worn and threadbare.

And no your are NOT trying. If you were you would at least have some new arguments to make instead of retreading the same ground over and over again.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jimi - I don't disagree with your sentiment - but it is time to move on. CART/Champcar is gone and in that respect the 2008 IRL car is a whole bunch faster than a 2008 Champcar..... This is what is left. The only way to get it to change now is going to be respectful suggestions/constructive criticism to the guy in charge or his sub-ordinates.

I too have little use for TG - but he is the man now and I'll take TG over the France family any day, hand down, no questions asked. I'll also take TG over Bernie more often than not and I don't even care to shake Max Mosely's hand - let alone subscribe to his rhetoric. Those 4 are pretty much the only major players in the entire 4 wheeled circuit racing world.

Yeah, TG messed up the AOWR world - but so did a bunch of other people too. Yes, I put 95% of the blame on his shoulders - but there is nothing I can do to change that....

The sooner we quit complaining and work constructively with what we have the sooner we will get something more like what we want... Remember the "enemy " now is not TG - it is the France conglomerate....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Man, this is getting old

Just be glad you are not Team Penske right now.
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've stopped reading posts like this now. Indycars are what we have to watch and I'm happy to see everyone racing in the same series, irrespective of what the car looks like or how fast it is. I personally don't mind either aspect.

If anyone has a spare $300 million they aren't using they should set up CCWS again. They'd get a bare minimum of one spectator.....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    There is no need. From what I see the Panoz cars in the Superleague series resemble closely the Champ cars. I hope that Jimmy will enjoy the new series and stop torturing himself and other IRL fans.
    BTW, I don't like the CCWS-like direction the IRL is taking, but if I stop enjoying the sport, I'll just focus on sports cars and not moan here.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah they had a Superleague car in the shopping centre in Leicester last weekend - I had a look at it and it resembles a standard European-style Formula car - no different from a GP2 car or the DP01. The two promo girls hawking free tickets to shoppers were much better-looking!