Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    For me it is not only about the sound, but S2000 was for true rally drivers. To be fast, you must keep it in high revs. Cars with turbo engines are more friendly to "not so top" drivers...
    And be 100% accurate. Mistakes mean much time lost, mostly due to a narrow powerband on the NA engine.
    same with R2 and R3 NA, now all youngsters are going through a different learning process. They dont even have to worry about turbolagging.....

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    And that's ok because naturally aspirated engines in normal cars are pretty much dead (except some low cost ones or special applications which are in no way suitable for racing such as Atkinson-cycle engines).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

I was searching for some onboards and videos regarding some old-new sections of this year's Barum Rally and I have found this old but high quality video which I thought it disappeared many years a go from the internet. Somebody obviously uploaded a copy on youtube. I'm posting it because what is at the beginning was IMHO the most spectacular S2000 drive I have ever witnessed. I don't know why but the final car never was so spectacular like this raw prorotype!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ3U6i4JCkg

PS Yes, the most spectacular place of this video (0:31) is back in the rally, just reversed. It's only a question if something could be seen there over the bushes.

PSS Yes, it's been 11 years already...

4. Likes: Got Mail (30th July 2019),TWRC (30th July 2019)
    A bit of screaming nostalgy. Volume to the right! Hard to believe it's ten years old. I remember being on many of those spots personally...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t_uRY8RPuU

6. Likes: pantealex (12th May 2020),tommeke_B (12th May 2020)
    Liked 82 Times in 38 Posts
    I can´t help myself, but it feel kind a funny as now we are nostalgic about S2000 cars but when they started, many fans were like ugh, its like hoovers... But anyway, I personally miss S2000, we need cars with great sound

I know many people were saying so but I don't know if it's the same people who feel nostalgic now. Personally I've been always a big fan of S2000 but I think that everybody knows that anyway