Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

S2000 summary (part II)

Please continue the S2000 summary discussion here.

Previous thread:
    S2000 summary

Liked 379 Times in 176 Posts

Ford Fiesta achieves FIA Regional Homologation

Webzine, rally.com.au reports that the Britek Motorsport built Fiestas have achieved FIA homologation for competition in the Asia-Pacific region. The article also hints that the Auris (Corolla) homologation is not too far away.

http://www.rally.com.au/home/latestnews/articleid=3017
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Why would the Auris be homologated if it is being fully FIA homologated in South Africa, this application is already in and as far as i know virtually complete.

Liked 379 Times in 176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant_RSA
    Why would the Auris be homologated if it is being fully FIA homologated in South Africa, this application is already in and as far as I know virtually complete.
    Good question! The article only hinted at the Auris homologation. It may have even been referring to the homolgation emanating from South Africa, though the cars currently running in Australia were developed independently, AFAIK. If it is a separate homologation it does seem redundant.
    The Fiesta's homologation is a 'regional' one, which I understand requires a special dispensation from the FIA, the aim of which is to promote regional motor sport. The actual process is not explained in any FIA regulations. There have been numerous previous instances of this 'regional' homologation.
    IIRC, several years ago there were three separate homologations of the same VW Golf model on that year's homologation list. One in Germany, one in South Africa and one in China!!! There was a notation next to the latter two stating that such cars could only be used within their respective regions.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido
    Good question! The article only hinted at the Auris homologation. It may have even been referring to the homolgation emanating from South Africa, though the cars currently running in Australia were developed independently, AFAIK. If it is a separate homologation it does seem redundant.
    The Fiesta's homologation is a 'regional' one, which I understand requires a special dispensation from the FIA, the aim of which is to promote regional motor sport. The actual process is not explained in any FIA regulations. There have been numerous previous instances of this 'regional' homologation.
    IIRC, several years ago there were three separate homologations of the same VW Golf model on that year's homologation list. One in Germany, one in South Africa and one in China!!! There was a notation next to the latter two stating that such cars could only be used within their respective regions.
    Im not really up to date with the ins and outs of FIA homologation, but do understand that SA given the go ahead by Toyota Japan to acquire the full FIA homologation.

I can say that the SA version is very impressive, i incidently co-drive a lower class version of the Auris which has the same build quality which is awesome. I expect the Auris will make its way to Europe fairly soon.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

Corsa S2000 Site

For now an embryonic site for the Corsa, I guess more will come:

http://opel-s2000news.website.orange.co.uk/

Liked 3,774 Times in 1,677 Posts
    There isnt special page for Antibes - so, Bryan Bouffier will start there with Proton Satria S2000 - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7309

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Woooooooooooooooooooow,Bouffierski with a Proton!!!
    That will show the true potential of the car

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gareth MacHale may use an Opel Corsa S2000 as course car on Cork 20
    http://rallybuzz.stagetimes.com/gare...sa-s2000-cork/

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

VW

If VW is coming into WRC with Scirocco, where will that leave the Polo S2000 ?