Page 1465 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 465965136514151455146314641465146614671475 ... LastLast
Results 14,641 to 14,650 of 14986
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

Re: [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsportfun
    Stop chatting about Sordo. I know he'll be announced as Hyundai factory driver on December 10.
    Good choice from every point of view.

Liked 2,281 Times in 1,073 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    You're not missing something.....

Meeke is good on Tarmac....and I don't know what/who they've been watching.... Wilks??
    I said Meeke was good on tarmac........ I will decide if he is brilliant on tarmac if he gets more chances in wrc next year. My bet is on the black stuff he would beat mads, mikko, novikov, mikklesen, and possibly fight with latvala and neuville but thats just my opinion.

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wrc45
    Does anybody know last years drivers salaries?
    I imagine this response will attract emotions from the internet trolls.

It is a reasonable question but hard to answer. The money has appeared to dry up in recent years.

WRC does not have the same profile as F1 and WRC drivers do not affect manufacturers sales as much as F1. For instance, from the moment Mark Webber signed for Renault (and despite his form) the manufacturer sales in Australia Renault Sport soared to the point where Australia became the second largest world market for RS. So obviously Webber make a few bucks out of that.

Neuville was reported at 1 million Euro for Hyundai. (who knows the real number). If that is true, he is the hottest thing in the WRC other than Ogier, which given his unbeatable form this year and very rich team, would suggest he would be 4 or 5 million Euros.

MSport was reported at suggesting to Solberg he would have to pay to drive. Drivers like Mads have to find private money to keep them in a car.

So other than a Citroen, VW and Hyundai, few would get paid at all. Mikko was probably lucky to sign when he did and probably did ok financially.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by er88
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    You're not missing something.....

Meeke is good on Tarmac....and I don't know what/who they've been watching.... Wilks??
    I said Meeke was good on tarmac........ I will decide if he is brilliant on tarmac if he gets more chances in wrc next year. My bet is on the black stuff he would beat mads, mikko, novikov, mikklesen, and possibly fight with latvala and neuville but thats just my opinion.
    Why do you rate Meeke so highly? When was the last time he finished an international rally without an accident? He wasn't that fast this year and he crashed in both rallies he entered. In one rally of them even twice. Meeke wasn't fast in 2011 with the factory Mini and he crashed again a lot. He had his chances and he blew it.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    Why do you rate Meeke so highly? When was the last time he finished an international rally without an accident? He wasn't that fast this year and he crashed in both rallies he entered. In one rally of them even twice. Meeke wasn't fast in 2011 with the factory Mini and he crashed again a lot. He had his chances and he blew it.
    What planet are you from? If his pace in Finland and Australia was not good, what do you expect from somebody making a comeback after being out of (proper) competition for 2 years?!

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts

Meeke has yet to do a full WRC season in a WRCar.....A few events here and there is no good to any driver.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Exactly, Neuville is a good example. A bit unreliable in year one but look at him in year two..

I thought Meeke's pace in Finland and Australia was excellent.

Liked 2,281 Times in 1,073 Posts

Meeke's pace last year was great considering he had not driven competitively for aroung 2yrs. In australia- with no test before the rally and his first time at the event, he was running faster than novikov, mikklesen, ostberg and latvala. He was ahead of neuville too untill his stall and just behing mikko. I couldn't believe his pace tbh and he won the qualifying stage. Granted he crashed out, but what would people rather see? Someone setting pace like that showing what they could possibly achieve or someone who gets a drive and shows no pace whatsoever but finishes the rally behind prokop. Im not saying meeke is the best thing since sliced bread but he has raw pace and with a full season he wouldn't be under as much pressure so wouldnt crash out in every rally like some of you suggest. Meeke is citroens best option for next year hands down. Better than ostberg, better than duval and better than kubica so i just hope he finally gets what he deserves- a full season in the WRC.

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts

http://digital.motorsportmonday.com//la ... bff5ed6a26

Go to page 66 for more details on the new proposed class system

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts

Talking about pace and nothing else, why not mention PG Andersson then? He´s got pace, but almost never reach the finish for different reasons (not only going off...)
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...