Page 1170 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 17067010701120116011681169117011711172118012201270 ... LastLast
Results 11,691 to 11,700 of 14986
    Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Excellent news, I'm very happy for Juho. I hope he will get a competitive car and show what he knows

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vkangas
    My only fear starts with a D and ends with mack....but let's hope not .
    What`s to fear? Novikov showed that once the car is close in performance to the top the difference between the tires isn`t as big as it`s generally thought!
    Only Sweden(if they haven`t improved since last year) is a question mark for DMack. And the difference seems to be bigger on tarmac. But the gravel speed seems good?

Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS
    What`s to fear? Novikov showed that once the car is close in performance to the top the difference between the tires isn`t as big as it`s generally thought!
    Only Sweden(if they haven`t improved since last year) is a question mark for DMack. And the difference seems to be bigger on tarmac. But the gravel speed seems good?
    difference is also big at gravel(at asphalt is huge specially when hot),if we compare same compounds.Dmack at some muddy rallies had nomimated a softer compound if i remember right.

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    It wasn`t wet in the qualifying or was it? I actually can`t remember so don`t be offended.
    Also I have heard from several different places that when driving back to back testing the difference especially with the gravel tires is miniscule. And this includes factory drivers from Ford,Mini and Skoda!
    Even in Finland one guy with and not as good Evo9 as the competition set some very impressive times this summer on DMacks beating Juha Salo, and the over God E-P LAppi.. on some stages.
    As I see it the biggest difference compared to Michelin has been the car and the drivers..
    Note that also I believe that Michelin is the best!

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    The difference is miniscule... For the first 15km's. Same story for Hankook tyres (Gardemeister and Mikkelsen drove with them in the IRC) a few years ago.
    Michelin and Pirelli have always been the best in rallying for the last 30(?) years. How do you expect that a new-comer-tyre costing half as much will perform almost as well?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hanaa Juho HANAA!! Just awesome! Hyvä Juho hyvä SUOMI FINLAND!!
    "Onko vielä pitkä matka jonnekkin?"

Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS
    It wasn`t wet in the qualifying or was it? I actually can`t remember so don`t be offended.
    Also I have heard from several different places that when driving back to back testing the difference especially with the gravel tires is miniscule. And this includes factory drivers from Ford,Mini and Skoda!
    Even in Finland one guy with and not as good Evo9 as the competition set some very impressive times this summer on DMacks beating Juha Salo, and the over God E-P LAppi.. on some stages.
    As I see it the biggest difference compared to Michelin has been the car and the drivers..
    Note that also I believe that Michelin is the best!
    I am almost sure that when dmacks were close was when they had nomimated a softer compound at rainy-muddy rallies.
    So not proper compare.

ps michelin is top class as pirelli.Top technology that evolves nonstop.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Great news about Juho! At last WRC is starting to look interesting again.

I really hope though that he gets a "proper" car and not a second hand parts bin special... Malcolm could leave the second Qatar team seat open rally-by-rally to choose the best option could he not?

I think Juho could be better over a season than Novikov. He will be one to watch on Monte for sure, provided he gets enough practice in the car.

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Just read on another forum that Hanninen will test next week in Portugal.

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    So now we have in M-sport

Ostberg
    Juho
    Novikov
    Tanak

Two guys in first team and three in M-sport #2 team. So one in first team is missing...

Who would it be?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...