Page 1085 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 855859851035107510831084108510861087109511351185 ... LastLast
Results 10,841 to 10,850 of 14986
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vkangas
    The worst thing I can imagine for the sport and next champion is that certain retired bloke beats next champ in rallies he selects.
    I would think that is a highly likely scenario. The current generation will have to live with the fact that they never beat Loeb in a straight fight.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    Take it like this. Solberg will leave the WRC if he doesn't get a factory seat.

Østberg will leave if he doesn't get a factory seat.

Both don't, won't AND cannot pay to drive in 2013. Both have said this recently and it'll reflect on the decision M-Sport will make for 2013.
    To be honest - why should they have to pay for a seat?? One is a former World Champion, who I still think has something to offer, the other is a promising youngster, with a WRC win to his name....albeit fortuitously.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    https://www.facebook.com/henk.vander...10767835619865For those who didn't hear the news on Friday, here is our reaction to MINI's statement that they will not be supporting works teams from the end of this season. You may already be aware that the Prodrive WRC Team has not been the works team this year. BTW you will also see that the Finnish young driver Jarkko Nikara will be driving alongside Dani in Spain next month.

Prodrive focussed on 2013 MI...NI campaign

Prodrive is continuing to target a full programme of events in the World Rally Championship in 2013 backed up by a comprehensive development programme for both the MINI John Cooper Works WRC and S2000 cars.

This follows the announcement today by MINI that it remains committed to rallying and that BMW Motorsport would continue to develop the car’s 1.6 turbo engine in conjunction with Prodrive, despite MINI ceasing direct financial support for its works team in the WRC in 2013.

Prodrive’s existing long term contract with MINI remains unchanged. This ensures the sales, support and development of the MINI John Cooper Works WRC and S2000 cars, as well as the supply of engines and parts from BMW Motorsport for use by all teams in the WRC, regional and national rallies throughout the full homologation period of the car to 2018.

The Prodrive WRC Team has operated as an independent, private team since early 2012 and will continue to do so in 2013 with the aim of adding to the three WRC podium places already achieved by Dani Sordo.

“We understand MINI’s decision and in the current challenging economic climate it was not unexpected. It is however good news that MINI remains enthusiastic about the WRC and wishes to see MINI rally cars continuing to run competitively in the WRC and other championships. We look forward to continuing to work with MINI and BMW Motorsport to maximise the performance of both WRC and S2000 MINIs on behalf of our mutual customers and our own WRC team,“ said Richard Taylor, Business Development Director at Prodrive.

“We have been developing our own plans for 2013 WRC participation with the MINI John Cooper Works and will announce next season’s Prodrive WRC Team entry and driver details in the due course. We have a number of further enhancements to engine, chassis and transmission scheduled for introduction in the first quarter of 2013 and look forward to making these available to our many rally partners, who already operate MINI JCW cars around the world,” continued Taylor.

The Prodrive WRC Team is now concentrating on preparations for Rally Spain in November where it will run two MINI John Cooper Works WRC cars for Dani Sordo and the young Finnish driver, Jarkko Nikara.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    My Photos of Paris Motorshow 2012 Mondial de l'Automobile Paris 2012 | Facebook

Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmarcus21
    My Photos of Paris Motorshow 2012 Mondial de l'Automobile Paris 2012 | Facebook

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    According to wrc.com, Motorsport Italia is "working on linking up with a new manufacturer", so Prodrive's might be the only Mini WRC on the stages next year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I would think that is a highly likely scenario. The current generation will have to live with the fact that they never beat Loeb in a straight fight.
    I doubt any drivers if any will loose any sleep over not beating Loeb

My god why does everything come back to him!!!
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....

Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ste898
    I doubt any drivers if any will loose any sleep over not beating Loeb

My god why does everything come back to him!!!
    cause he is the benchmark.10 years haven t understood yet?

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Please, don't quote stupid posts. You make ignore list non-working
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump