Page 1092 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 925929921042108210901091109210931094110211421192 ... LastLast
Results 10,911 to 10,920 of 14986
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Why? Yes, Ford has a great motorsport heritage, but that's pretty much all it is — heritage. Its success in any form of motorsport has been slim to non-existent for some time now. And all but the most optimistic observer would surely agree that the benefits associated with WRC involvement have decreased substantially of late. The decision won't even look foolish if M-Sport miraculously wins both titles next year as a non-works entry, because the overall state of the WRC is such that, for Ford, there would still have been little point in taking part as a manufacturer. What is there to gain in commercial terms from winning a WRC title these days?
    That´s why I hoped they would´ve stayed at least for 2013, when a new promoter is in force (albeit the details thus far are quite vague), aswell as some rule changes. But for sure they need to make rallies worth winning again.

Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    M-sport sucks.
    maybe I'm the only person who thinks so, but I've said it here before and I'll say it again, MSport did a good job all things considered

Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    Mr Wilson earns 17 years because Ford involved at wrc.Is it so hard for him to spend the profit from 10 cars out of 100 for 1 year only to hire proper drivers ?
    Tired to hear about ''small budget'' for years,while at same time he rents- service- build -sell wrc/s2000/r2 cars all over the world for 17 years.
    Anybody to know the annual turnover?

turnover would of course be very high, maybe its the profit you are actually interested in? And exactly why would it be sensible for Malcolm Wilson to spend all his savings promoting someone elses product in a dying championship??

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    So, with JML and Ogier fighting for the championship with a "yet to confirm fast and reliable car", M-Sport with no drivers and no support, Prodrive god knows, it will actually be Mikko's year in 2013!
    I'd like him to be world champ as he really deserves it...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Can anybody really blame Ford for withdrawing?

I've heard that Citroen are spending more on their drivers than Ford are on their entire WRC programme this year. If that's the case, then Ford would have to increase their commitment just to try and compete with Citroen - and even then, there would be no guarantees of success, even with Loeb doing half a season.

Personally, I think the FIA should step in and either introduce a budget cap, or ban works support.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Monster can sponsor M-Sport as a major sponsor even if Red Bull are the media rights holders of the WRC. They are not title sponsors. If they were it would be Red Bull WRC. But Red Bull are sponsoring VW for 2013 and you can spot other sports with Red Bull who are the lead sponsor and other brands on cars/bikes/teams etc.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    did anyone hear anything from the new promoters of the WRC about their strategy/plans for next year?

too quiet for me

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
    Can anybody really blame Ford for withdrawing?

I've heard that Citroen are spending more on their drivers than Ford are on their entire WRC programme this year. If that's the case, then Ford would have to increase their commitment just to try and compete with Citroen - and even then, there would be no guarantees of success, even with Loeb doing half a season.

Personally, I think the FIA should step in and either introduce a budget cap, or ban works support.
    Loeb only is even enough
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    Monster can sponsor M-Sport as a major sponsor even if Red Bull are the media rights holders of the WRC. They are not title sponsors. If they were it would be Red Bull WRC.
    Even then, I don't think they'd have the power to stop a team accepting money from a sponsor because that sponsor is one of Red Bull's competitors. It would be anti-competitive.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskald
    Petter Solberg visited Paris yesterday...Strong rumours has it that he, Mads Østberg and Dani Sordo is in the fight for a Citroën seat. Mini/Prodrive won`t get any support from BMW, except for a new engine homologation, and will not run as a factory team in 2013. M-Sport (Malcolm Wilson) wants to run Huyndai. Ford will quit. (and thats the reason for Latvala not staying with M-Sport and moving to VW) How`s that for a little shake-up?
    Without trying to sound smug (!!!). What did I predict? The source turned out to be quite reliable. Ford is indeed quitting, and the silly season is suddenly much more silly!