Page 1090 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 905909901040108010881089109010911092110011401190 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,900 of 14986
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A major blow, and of course ´the current economic climate´ is used as an excuse. Motorsport is a part of marketing, it has a huge following. For Ford, WRC is their destination. I don´t see what they would gain from a WTCC entry for example. If they do nothing, even worse.

And to think they confirmed for the 2013 season. They lied...

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rp
    Very bad decision by Ford!

Last year they made the contract with M-Sport and it was clear that it will cover both the season 2012 and 2013. Once again it was showed that you can never trust anything in the motorsport.

It has to be remember that Ford´s financial support to M-Sport has been very weak and it is impossible to beat Citroën if resources are not in the same level. Same would have been with Volkswagen in the future.

But if M-Sport is able to find good sponsors it will be possible to repeat the story of the season 1981. Ford had pulled out after the season 1979 and David Sutton Cars continued privately with the backing from Rothmans.

Mikkola was 2nd WRC for Drivers during the season 1980 and Vatanen won the WRC title in 1981. The one and only real private team to win the Championship (I do not count Kronos/Loeb. The car was from Citroën Racing) and still the last time Ford driver has won the title.

It is possible that history will repeat itself. Now M-Sport only need one Finnish driver to lead the private team! And if Latvala has signed with VW they is another driver to be ready...
    You gotta learn from this guy. Positive thinking at it's best!

Are you refering to Hänninen? If so, do you think he has enough money. Not M-sport needs someone with some serious cash. Wouldn't be suprised if a driver like Pons or something got a drive...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar
    i dont think its that bad. m sport shurely will be there next season, maybe with less money but that´s it. who know´s, maybe they come back again for 2014 then.
    Less money is nothing new, we´ve seen the result over the years. Even less money certaintly doesn't help their cause, if there's gonna be one.

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Just wondering in what degree tihs decision has anything to do with luck of WRC marketing and TV coverage. As I remember BMW claimed that as a main reason of withdrawing also remember constant complains form all teams. Does FIA shoot in their foot?

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Does anybody knows which is the annual turnover of M-sport?

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    Does anybody knows which is the annual turnover of M-sport?
    Mr Wilson is doing very well, but I don't think he would spend on M-Sport WRT "marketing".

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc1600
    Just wondering in what degree tihs decision has anything to do with luck of WRC marketing and TV coverage. As I remember BMW claimed that as a main reason of withdrawing also remember constant complains form all teams. Does FIA shoot in their foot?
    I would say that has a huge effect. You could run a whole WRC team quite well probably on the pay of one top line footballer or F1 driver for example, but WRC has little or no media coverage. This is why I also cannot see a big money sponsor coming in, unless it is someone with money coming out of all their orrifices like Abu-Dhabi.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Mr Wilson is doing very well, but I don't think he would spend on M-Sport WRT "marketing".
    Mr Wilson earns 17 years because Ford involved at wrc.Is it so hard for him to spend the profit from 10 cars out of 100 for 1 year only to hire proper drivers ?
    Tired to hear about ''small budget'' for years,while at same time he rents- service- build -sell wrc/s2000/r2 cars all over the world for 17 years.
    Anybody to know the annual turnover?

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Lets hope Redbull does good job and brings in more teams otherwise we should tune in to Eurosport and they can rename ERC to WRC.

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
    M-Sport plans for ERC
    :smokin: "position no good but very enjoy" japaneese driver at end of safari rally