Page 884 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 3847848348748828838848858868949349841384 ... LastLast
Results 8,831 to 8,840 of 14986
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Det är inter mitt fel att ni normän är släkt med svenskarna.....8(

men det finns altid hop, kanske om Normännen blir starkare, och snabbare på sträckrna och slut larva med fnaskigheter som ovan, ni kan bli bättre!

Hope never dies!
    I don´t think you´ve seen the overall stuff here. The sport rallying has slowly been brought nearer and nearer the big crowds and where they live, in the cities. So also the WRC. And nothing to do about it. Look at F1.

If rallying should be in all ways the same as in the 50´s or 60´s, I think the fans should only be a couple of hundred senior guys...who where active in those days. You know what I mean?

OK. What I mean is that norweigans are far better in promoting our beloved sport. And that´s what Petter and MAds are doing. If we in Sweden where half as good in promoting ourselves we also would hav a couple of WRC drivers today, but we haven´t.

Why don´t you lika swedes, by the way? varför gillar du inte svenskar, förresten?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    You don't have to quote "the 50's & 60's" Per.
    The 70's & 80's, and even the 90's, were fine.
    There's no harm in running promotional events at all however if you have to dynamically
    alter the sport's format, so as to be unrecognisable, in order to attract spectators you ought question
    the value of the very people you're chasing.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    You don't have to quote "the 50's & 60's" Per.
    The 70's & 80's, and even the 90's, were fine.
    There's no harm in running promotional events at all however if you have to dynamically
    alter the sport's format, so as to be unrecognisable, in order to attract spectators you ought question
    the value of the very people you're chasing.
    For sure but it´s all mixed together. No people whatever or whoever they are looking or attending the rallies, means no money from TV, sponsors etz. That´s the way it is today. Maybe a problem if you want purity. And I could say that too, but it´s too much to ask.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    That's a matter of perspective.
    If you need money for the sport to 'survive' and the way to that money is change, a case for change might be justifiable.
    If, however, the money is required for 'growth' or 'evolution' it just might be that the sport is better staying the way that it is.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    I don´t think you´ve seen the overall stuff here. The sport rallying has slowly been brought nearer and nearer the big crowds and where they live, in the cities. So also the WRC. And nothing to do about it. Look at F1.

If rallying should be in all ways the same as in the 50´s or 60´s, I think the fans should only be a couple of hundred senior guys...who where active in those days. You know what I mean?

OK. What I mean is that norweigans are far better in promoting our beloved sport. And that´s what Petter and MAds are doing. If we in Sweden where half as good in promoting ourselves we also would hav a couple of WRC drivers today, but we haven´t.

Why don´t you lika swedes, by the way? varför gillar du inte svenskar, förresten?
    pga ni har låttit Norsk-djävlar sparka Sverige medvetlös i rallysamanhäng med ett järn stövel.

Not much anything we can do about those damn Finns, they are simply the baddest, men men men! Norge!!?? Skäms på dig!

And I know there must be change, growth, etc but I have seen data on who the all important "target demographic" that it seems all the change is aimed at : the target set of eyes are in the head of a theoretical 14 to 24 year old kid living in Orange County California....

I'm sorry but it doesn't help ME, or my lilla one man firm making rally parts one bit if millions of energy drink crazed, pimple squeezing 14 year olds see Block's latest masturbatory fantasy.. It hasn't help the fjutiga small Rally scene in USA, but it has evidently helped Ken and Travvie.

Perra, I live in the best (or worse country= in the world for contentless cynical lying promotion, where a 3 second thing can be stretched into a 30 minute TV program like Block's ''longest jump in the world'' BS... I also lived not far from you when Swedish moto-cross, THE DOMINANT country in the sport from the beginning in VM was changed in its format to make it "more friendly for TV" and Sweden's dominance ended shortly thereafter...and i watch American moto-cross transform from a mass sport to yet another over promoted spectacle to WATCH with the rise of stadium or Super-cross which even that devolved into "extreme! MX".

As WRC and VM i cross has become more and more "just another simple sprinty deal", participation, at the local level; has shrunk everywhere, and without a broad base, there's little general awareness, and little market value---except for big hype up scenes and that perpetuates the tendency for those with some independent $$$ in the first place to "slurka upp allt" peng och intresse.
    And so for 15 years the old saying "Choose your parents carefully" is so much more important.

gillar inte svenskar...Silly boy vi måste kunna reta norskarna lite eller.....?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    No one is a "disgrace to the sport".
    The disgrace is the mismanagement which has seen the sport degenerate to the point where these people are in the limelight.
    +1 It is disgraceful that people are reliant on people like him and I cannot remember any other era that has had as many people like him involved; he must be one of the least experienced WRC drivers out there. However Nobre's money is probably tiding MI over for this year. Also I read that 2 MINI's need to be around for homologation purposes for Prodrive.
    I don't think that Nobre get's much attention at all to be honest or Arujo for that matter.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper

The relatively small world of Rallying(compared to certain other motorsports) need to get across to the rest of the world and give them an idea of the sport we know and love.

Show them big jumps, REAL car control, and a bit of tyre smoke
    This gives them an idea of the skill level of the drivers that compete, and the sheer lunacy of the drivers and specially built the cars are that compete.

Give them a taste, you never know, they may just want more...
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    It maybe quick, bug damn its ugly!
    We need more more cars from these R classes if we want to see more drivers entering rallies. About ugly, you probably haven't watch F1 lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    The relatively small world of Rallying(compared to certain other motorsports) need to get across to the rest of the world and give them an idea of the sport we know and love.

Show them big jumps, REAL car control, and a bit of tyre smoke
    This gives them an idea of the skill level of the drivers that compete, and the sheer lunacy of the drivers and specially built the cars are that compete.

Give them a taste, you never know, they may just want more...
    They have it, it's called Gymnkhana and X-games. I think rally cross will be much more successful in America, especially if all the cars goes counterclockwise around an oval dirt track.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There's not a lot of news and rumor here....just a lot of waffle.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Again, make some members of a fine thread ​​a mess, but yes some do not want that I say anything about that.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.