Page 410 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 3103604004084094104114124204605109101410 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 14986
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yes, with that statisctic youre absolutely right. i saw this one too some time ago.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    This is far from being true. Three or four years a go there was a relation on wrc.com where they compared drivers of WRC era in crashing percentage (retirements due to crash/number of starts). Atkinson and Duval were by far most crashing ones (around 1/3 of starts ended by crash). Colin was only tenth or so. If I remember right his crashing percentage was less than half compared to Duval. Besides that Colin was world champion, won 25 rallies and was exceptional personality. With all respect Duval is nowhere near him.
    I remember this too, and I was surprised that almost everyone at the top in these statistics were "new" drivers, (Atkinson, Duval, Grönholm (ok not that new perhaps), Hirvonen I think), and the drivers were explaining this with the fact that they had to be more on the limit all the time nowadays. When I remember the late '9 (with McRae etc.) I remember tight (and much more unpredictable) rallies with a lot of crashes, but these statistics proved crashes are more common nowadays (or up to 2007 at least)

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Janne Tuohino will drive Finnish championship 2011 with his Fiesta S2000 and eyes on a chance to build some kind of program for WRC return - with a WRC car.

24.11.2010 - Janne Tuohino enters Finnish Rally Championship series 2011 with Super2000 rally car and builds a campaign to drive for selected World Rally Championship serie events

During his 17 years of rally career a Flying Finn, Janne Tuohino, 35, has won two Finnish Rally Championship titles and one bronze medal. He also has won one Junior World Rally Championship bronze medals. Now his goals are set for third Finnish Rally Championship title.

Tuohino, currently living in Dubai, enters Finnish Rally Championship series with his own Ford Fiesta S2000 rally car and builds a campaign to drive for selected World Rally Championship serie events with brand new turbo-charged World Rally Car.

Maintenance and service for Ford Fiesta S2000 rally car is to be done by one of the best Finnish professional motorsport team, PrintSport Racing. Risto Pietiläinen will co-drive Tuohino in season 2011 events.

- In season 2010 running a private rally team in World Rally Championship was very heavy for me and therefore after WRC Rally Finland I was forced to retire the season and start planning for next one. Plans for season 2011 is currently underway as my Ford Fiesta S2000 rally car is being serviced for forthcoming events in PrintSport Racing premises, Tuohino tells.

Goals for double Finnish rally champion are set for third title and to show his skills behind the steering wheel of modern new turbocharged World Rally Car.

- Me and my team are making hard work for season 2011 World Rally Championship series. Ofcourse everything depends sponsors, Tuohino continues.

Finnish Rally Championship serie rounds for season 2011:
    28.1. - Arctic Lapland Rally #1
    29.1. - Arctic Lapland Rally #2
    19.2. - FRC Vaakuna Rally
    5.3. - FRC O.K. Auto Rally
    14.5. - FRC Vanajanlinna Rally
    11.6. - FRC Osuuspankki Rally
    17.9. - FRC Kerava Rally
    http://www.jannetuohino.com/
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    Janne Tuohino ... eyes on a chance to build some kind of program for WRC return - with a WRC car.
    Why? He's never ever going to make it so why bother...?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Why? He's never ever going to make it so why bother...?
    DonJippo, you and I see things very much the same. I also think that if you're not winning or at least very close to winning - then why bother?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

MJW
    Dont you guys enjoy your rallying,? Whatever class you are in, there are winners and losers. Whats wrong in wanting to continue, its his (sponsors money)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    Janne Tuohino will drive Finnish championship 2011 with his Fiesta S2000 and eyes on a chance to build some kind of program for WRC return - with a WRC car.

http://www.jannetuohino.com/
    every year the same - every year Janne is going to do WRC, but at the end just rumours and nothing else.
    sorry, I´ve nothing against Janne, but nevertheless we won´t see him in WRC 2011 !

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I also think that if you're not winning or at least very close to winning - then why bother?
    So we are never going to hear you complain about small fields or low manufacturer numbers or lack of paid seats in WRC (or anyother championship for that matter), cos obviously there is only a need for 1 competitor, as there will only be one winner anyone else should not bother. Great attitude.

I rather see large numbers, I don't care if not all of them have any chance of winning, they are all adding some value somewhere along the line.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgVR4
    So we are never going to hear you complain about small fields or low manufacturer numbers or lack of paid seats in WRC (or anyother championship for that matter), cos obviously there is only a need for 1 competitor, as there will only be one winner anyone else should not bother. Great attitude.

I rather see large numbers, I don't care if not all of them have any chance of winning, they are all adding some value somewhere along the line.
    +1

Liked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    DonJippo, you and I see things very much the same. I also think that if you're not winning or at least very close to winning - then why bother?
    Since Loeb won 7 in a row and propably wins
    next year too, why do the rest of them bother?