Page 1289 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 28978911891239127912871288128912901291129913391389 ... LastLast
Results 12,881 to 12,890 of 14986
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    a duval comeback would be really cool, i like that guy. this sounds a bit like citroen is already scared that theyre driverschoice was wrong...and if it continues like that, i think it will be hard for citroen to even achieve manufacturers title.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That would be awesome, but will most likely - never happen. He should have chosen the 4 + 1 year contract with Ford in 2004 .. Although I believe at the time of signing at Citroën, Ford still wasn't sure if they would even contest the 2005 season. He might match Loeb on tarmac, but on gravel .. I think some youngster can beat him easily. Also not to forget he's 33 already.

But for some reason I like prefer him above Neuville (pure personal liking, nothing to do with performance)

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by User
    That would be awesome, but will most likely - never happen. He should have chosen the 4 + 1 year contract with Ford in 2004 .. Although I believe at the time of signing at Citroën, Ford still wasn't sure if they would even contest the 2005 season. He might match Loeb on tarmac, but on gravel .. I think some youngster can beat him easily. Also not to forget he's 33 already.

But for some reason I like prefer him above Neuville (pure personal liking, nothing to do with performance)
    It's always easy talking now... In a few years people may talk about "what a stupid mistake" Latvala or Neuville did now, to give an example. And Duval is 32 years old by the way. I also think that on gravel he would be beaten, but on asphalt he was one of the very fastest drivers, remember Germany '07 for example. He made a lot of mistakes indeed, but there are more drivers who make plenty of mistakes in the WRC now (Latvala, Novikov). Duval messed up his "big" carreer in 2005, at the age of 24/25. I would like to see a comeback, as he should be more mature and having the experience from what went wrong some years ago.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah okay 32. I knew he's from 1980, but guessed the age

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him back also, but realistically speaking. It made my evening though

Liked 209 Times in 60 Posts
    The state of things at Citroën's team:

- Hirvonen tested during this Monday in the South of Portugal. At least, he ended the day without burning the car up.
    - Matton said in Spa this weekend that Duval deserves to be back on the WRC. It seems he doesn't remember neither Cyprus 2005 nor Duval's words saying that Citroën ruined his career.
    - Sordo has disappeared since the end of Rally Sweden. He's been thinking why the hell he said that he'd go home if he doesn't win a rally on this season.
    - Benito Guerra drove in Narbonne the DS3 for the first time. If there's one thing true, it's that he won't win a WRC event ever.
    - Loeb tested a DS3 with circuit specs in Cheste last Saturday. He is the only one in the world who thinks he isn't needed in Mexico on 7th March.
    S-DV 9032; TO V33681; VLE 756X; IN-NL 67; IN-NZ 9; 704 EXC 75; 294 FPF 75; TO-89095-H; K-AM 5803; K-AM 6983; L 555 BAT; N6 MRE; 206 NDP 75; X20 SRT; S600 WRT; 23 DDM 92; WOB VW 369; SP 1013...

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garais22
    what is it that everybody wants to have a go at doing a backflip with the less suited vehicle for it???
    it started with motocross, then snowmobile, then quadbike, now cars???
    what is next? tractor? dozer? semi trailer?
    honestly it's becoming ridiculous imo!
    What has the driver to do with all this? everything was designed by computer, the exact angle of the jump, the weight of the car, the angle of the reception, and most importantly the speed to approach. Clearly the car was fitted with a speed limitator, the driver had to drive strait, end off.
    I am not saying i could do it, but a remotely controlled car would have done the same job, and prevent Chicherit of having a back injury!

Liked 661 Times in 320 Posts
    [quote="spiderem"]what is it that everybody wants to have a go at doing a backflip with the less suited vehicle for it???
    it started with motocross, then snowmobile, then quadbike, now cars???
    what is next? tractor? dozer? semi trailer?
    honestly it's becoming ridiculous imo!
    What has the driver to do with all this? everything was designed by computer, the exact angle of the jump, the weight of the car, the angle of the reception, and most importantly the speed to approach. Clearly the car was fitted with a speed limitator, the driver had to drive strait, end off.
    I am not saying i could do it, but a remotely controlled car would have done the same job, and prevent Chicherit of having a back injury![/QUOTE

Single backflip? Kids play.

Let's see him do this in a Mini.

Amazing Monster Truck Double Backflip - YouTube

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it would be great to see Duval back, he was lightening quick on tarmac.

I think Sordo will come good this season also, been surprised at his slow pace so far....

Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Would Araujo go better in a DS 3 ? What's Chardonnet up to this year ?

Sordo does not like the cold and might go better on warmer events.