Page 101 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 14986
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Your defending of Mikko against genuine criticisms wouldn't have to do anything with the link in your sig would it?
    No for sure not... I am a fan of JML as well.

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Yes,in the current points system "slow" and steady wins the race,and it is just the way it is.
    If the points were 10-2-1 for the first 3 maybe JML would be better (even though he would still crash).
    But nobody would be better than Loeb

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by urabus-denoS2000
    Yes,in the current points system "slow" and steady wins the race,and it is just the way it is.
    If the points were 10-2-1 for the first 3 maybe JML would be better (even though he would still crash).
    But nobody would be better than Loeb
    But Mikko never really showed consistent signs of being anything but slow and steady. He's a 2nd driver who is doing 1st driver duties at the moment.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    But Mikko never really showed consistent signs of being anything but slow and steady. He's a 2nd driver who is doing 1st driver duties at the moment.
    I agree with that.

Mikko is a good 1st driver for a lesser team or a good 2nd driver for a top team, a bit of a "Gardemeister" maybe.

The only reason he stayed in contention for this years title so long is because of the dodgy points system.

To be fair, he did a good job of stepping into Marcus' shoes and was probably the 2nd best driver out there this year, but I expect JML to overtake him eventually if he improves his reliability.

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS

The only reason he stayed in contention for this years title so long is because of the dodgy points system.
    And team orders

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like all the others except Loeb. There is only one real top driver at the moment and a bunch of 2nd drivers. Without Loeb Mikko would be number one and nobody would complain him to be slow but a great driver who knows when to push and when to bring it home safely.

Just as Marcus would have been known as a great tarmac driver, if Seb would have continued his gymnastics career a bit longer :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Regarding Mikko, let me quote the man himself:
    (from his blog at mtv3, http://blogit.mtv3.fi/kaasujalka/ )

"It's of course important to be steady, but I need to get more wins too. Next season I'm going for victories more boldly, perhaps even with a bit of risk. I don't mean McRae-like win-or-crash style, but I'll be seeking victories more than previously. That's what the championship seems to require."

Translation by me

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Loeb doesn't count. Should he not be in the serie, Mikko would be world champion and again next year. Cry and weep for that but it's true.

However, Loeb is in WRC and therefore our whole image of the sport is twisted. New talents are loser if they do not win their first rally and even that is not enough. That particukar young talent should win every stage too. Maybe then he would get the respect of our beloved and well experienced rally forum.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
    Urmo Aava expected to drive a Ford Focus in the 2009 WRC

Source: http://www.rallybuzz.com/aava-ford-focus-2009/
    Web: www.wr-x.com
    Twitter: World Rally Xtreme @WrxCom, Facebook: World Rally Xtreme

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Can we expect big news from Petter this evening, as he's apparently in meeting with Citroën and Ford(according to norwegian media)