Page 527 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 274274775175255265275285295375776271027 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 14986
    Liked 47 Times in 29 Posts
    [Tongue In Cheek on : TIC]

Thank you Kozmik, exactly what i thought, he's afraid of seeing rallies decided by Saturday afternoon. In his favour, it's understood...

Or could it be that he would be afraid of losing rallies and have Junior even more ridiculed on a regular basis when the current anti Loeb rule ends ? [TIC off]

No, it can't be for a simple reason : he has Latvala hence i don't see why he would question the change.

[TIC on]

Then it must be only for the love of the sport, just like Mr Quesnel's ...

[TIC off]
    Markku Alén, 1978 World Champion

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Oh, the anti-Loeb rule! I know what you mean, it's the one that's stopped him winning these past few years.

Liked 47 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicpanda
    Oh, the anti-Loeb rule! I know what you mean, it's the one that's stopped him winning these past few years.
    Indeed, them FIA made a fool of themselves thinking they could stop him winning rallies with this rule. tare:
    Markku Alén, 1978 World Champion

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicpanda
    He means a return to the days when rallies were decided by Saturday afternoon.
    so? What is most important? that the crews have as equal conditions or that crews can loose allot of time on d1 but still be able to comeback
    thanks to an advantageous road position? I'd rather have rallies that are decided already on the second day and knowing that the best crew won
    then to have rules then penalizes the leader of the rally and or championship. Its the same bull as when touring car championships add weights to the
    winners of the races.

What would it be like if FIA decided that the leader of the F1 WDC should start from the middle of the grid just because he is leading the championship?

Another option would be to have some sort of qualification stage. The better time on it, the better start position.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karukera
    Indeed, them FIA made a fool of themselves thinking they could stop him winning rallies with this rule. tare:
    That diddn't work did it?
    Loeb has had the last laugh really, all he does is purposely slow down at the last ss on the first leg
    He's found a loophole that the fia diddn't think about
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano
    so? What is most important? that the crews have as equal conditions or that crews can loose allot of time on d1 but still be able to comeback
    thanks to an advantageous road position? I'd rather have rallies that are decided already on the second day and knowing that the best crew won
    then to have rules then penalizes the leader of the rally and or championship. Its the same bull as when touring car championships add weights to the
    winners of the races.

What would it be like if FIA decided that the leader of the F1 WDC should start from the middle of the grid just because he is leading the championship?

Another option would be to have some sort of qualification stage. The better time on it, the better start position.
    Fair enough, if that's what you think. Interestingly, in F1 these days they have made it easier to overtake by changing tyres and adding KERS and DRS, which in effect is the governing body artificially making the racing more exciting. I think the WRC's fortunate that it's already exciting and through a natural agency - running in rally order on the road.

Qualification stage might work, perhaps the best time in shakedown? That said, would that apply for all days of the event or just the first?

Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    That diddn't work did it?
    Loeb has had the last laugh really, all he does is purposely slow down at the last ss on the first leg
    He's found a loophole that the fia diddn't think about
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'm pretty sure that the FIA knew this would happen.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    In this article, Petter suggested the right thing to do after the final stage of every leg is to have "a hat with pieces of paper with numbers. Each driver will step ahead and take one. Those numbers are the running order of the next day. If you take, for example, number 3, you'll be third on the road and so on". It's more like a gamble. Fair enough, equal luck to everybody. Sometime it will be good for the front runners, sometime it wont.

Link: http://www.ultimavuelta.com.ar/notic...onales&id=4952

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalo
    In this article, Petter suggested the right thing to do after the final stage of every leg is to have "a hat with pieces of paper with numbers. Each driver will step ahead and take one. Those numbers are the running order of the next day. If you take, for example, number 3, you'll be third on the road and so on". It's more like a gamble. Fair enough, equal luck to everybody. Sometime it will be good for the front runners, sometime it wont.

Link: http://www.ultimavuelta.com.ar/notic...onales&id=4952
    Hmm I guess so. No matter how you look at the situation, there will always be downsides to the running orders, how ever they work. Maybe this is the only way to get a "fair" result.
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    I think another way would be to make the final stage of the first two days a power stage, rather than the last day. That way with points on offer you force people to drive competitively.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Almost all stages are run twice, 1st in the morning, 2nd time afternoon. With the second time a lot more honest conditions. Why not save the second loops for day 3?
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes