Page 1397 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 39789712971347138713951396139713981399140714471497 ... LastLast
Results 13,961 to 13,970 of 14986
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    He was also battling for third place overall in ERC Rally Latvia this year but he had to retire after a minor off into a frozen snowbank. That was also with gr.N car.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks, guys. I don't get too much coverage of anything other than the WRC, and having recently list my dedicated internet connection, I get even less coverage than before.

If he's as good as has been made out, then I'd love to see him in the WRC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
    Who is Lukyanuk and why is Wilson interested in him?
    Is he rich?

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha_Koo
    Alexey Lukyanuk, perhaps currently the world's fastest Gr.N. driver. This season driving Baltic events and was also in NORF, 16th O/A, would have been somewhere around 11th-12th without a puncture in Ouninpohja... Incredible handling skills, impossible to go faster with GrN car.

Have a look: Alexey Lukyanuk - YouTube

I really hope that he'll get access to R5 or S2000 car next season...
    Would be nice to see white whale vs. green whale battle...in other words Nikara vs. Lukyanuk in group N cars. Preferably a new event for both also. That would mean serious trouble for some S2000 guys.

Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    I had the privilege to talk to him a couple of times at NORF, and more than being incredibly fast on stage he was also the most down to earth driver in the service park, caring a lot for his fans and always with a smile on his face.

Right after SS6 where he set the 8th time overall (right in the middle of WRC/S2000 cars.. but he did start when the track had cleared), he told me "was I any fast? I thought I was going too slow!"
    Also mechanics and support at ASRT seemed really happy to be there, photo guy beat my time pretty hard in the rallycross simulator hehehe

As much as I want to see him drive at top level I'm afraid all this warmth and closeness might fade away if he starts competing on world-class championships. Same goes with onboards obviously, I wouldn't have heard of him if it were not for those incredible demonstrations of how to drive a 1.5-ton tank very much over the limit

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i think he´s not really rich, first time i heard from him he was driving an old astra f, maybe 2 years ago only. then he switched to that evo.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DIMI44
    Is he rich?
    No, or at least not enough to drive several WRC rounds a year. I hope some oligarh will like him and begin supporting him, because he seems more promising than Novikov IMHO.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Novikov has potential, but he's unfocused at times. When he's on form, he can set a blistering pace. He reminds me a little of Ari Vatanen, who either won the rally or crashed out.

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    excuse me, Novikov reminds you to Vatanen?, even a little bit, you can't be serious about to name those names in one...

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
    Novikov has potential, but he's unfocused at times. When he's on form, he can set a blistering pace. He reminds me a little of Ari Vatanen, who either won the rally or crashed out.
    excuse me, Novikov reminds you to Vatanen?, even a little bit, you can't be serious about to name those names in one...