Page 338 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 2382883283363373383393403483884388381338 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 14986
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    As far as I know no homologations this year so nothing has changed.. So how can be that Citroen is quicker then Ford.. Maybe it's about drivers..

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Not every part or change require homologation.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    As far as I know no homologations this year so nothing has changed.. So how can be that Citroen is quicker then Ford.. Maybe it's about drivers..
    My personal view is that Citroen has developed further. Who can check that out. No one.

The differnce is clearly much bigger this year so they must have done something and after that the minds of Ford-boys do the rest. Unfortenately.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Most of the tweaks might have been with engine management, etc....

But they are faster this year.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    No, they both homologated a lot of things in 2010, they only didn't homologate any changes on engine. Both teams changed some things on suspension, transmission, Citroen also on the bodyshell and Ford on brakes as mentioned in documents on FIA website.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Maybe it's about drivers..
    Last year Mikko and Sebastien was quite same level in gravel rallies but this year Seb is far far away... If car's are in same level, you are meaning that Mikko is lost his speed? I doubt it... And same time Petter is found that speed witch was lost in last five year's? And you think that there is nothing to do whit car? At the moment Ford is so lost whit the car that even Loeb can't win whit it in tarmac... Mikko can drive well in tarmac as you saw in Monte Carlo...

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Remember that Hirvonen won Sweden.. How can be that car lost all that quality in 5 monts?!

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    Coming back to the homologation mystery. As far as I know, the teams agreed to freeze the technology of the WRC cars in the beginning of 2009.

Did that cover only the parts which have to be homologated under WRC rules, i. e. body parts such as the wheel arches, transmission tunnel, wings, bonnet, bumpers, spoilers, as well as engine components such as inlet and exhaust manifolds, electronic engine management system, turbo, waste-gate and intercooler?

Looks like they can still homologate group A Variant Option modifications for example to rear suspension, transmission, drive line, suspension components, roll cage, seat, harness mountings etc.

Did I get that one right?

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donlorean
    Mikko can drive well in tarmac as you saw in Monte Carlo...
    Monte-Carlo 2010 was a real ice / snow rally, not really a tarmac rally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wasn't the issue with Rally Australia last year that Citroen had rushed through a batch of changes before the freeze and stuffed up the paperwork on one of them?