Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rocket Racing League commercial on Space.com

The IndyCar connection comes across on several levels, i.e. Bob Jenkins, Danica #16 car, etc. Also noteworthy is Kalkhoven's X-Prize participation record.

http://www.space.com/php/video/playe...128xracer-main

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this is just taking the Red Bull Air Race a few steps further, and by doing so its just an accident waiting to happen.

At least with R.B.A.R. its one plane at a time on a timed run. Having planes racing against each other, what happens when they touch each other? It isn't going to be pretty. And with having more than one plane on the course at a time that will happen sooner or later.

That advert at that link states 2007 dates, what happened to them? The leagues website states August 1st 2008 for the series first demo race. What happened to that? I'll believe this when it happens and if it ever does its going to be a disaster.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Those are valid concerns, but then again group air races take place every year at Reno, NV .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well the whole thing is off topic - but I have to agree - an accident waiting to happen - a malfunctioning plane veers into the stands??? yikes.....

The Red Bull thing is pretty cool - but I think that is about as good as it gets for this type of thing unless it is a no spectator event - in which case could be interesting.....

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well i say,,the commercial is good for indycar,, to get the name out there more,,, and i 100% no 200% agree with robin miller on wind tunnel last sunday,, when he said,, beside right here on wind tunnel and speed news,, we never hear anything about the IRL so having this commercial helps not much but its a start for indycar
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    At least with R.B.A.R. its one plane at a time on a timed run. Having planes racing against each other, what happens when they touch each other?
    Probably the same result as two open-wheel cars touching each other.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd