Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    So do I.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corny
    to put Latvala in that car? There are a handfull of drivers that would've scored more points at this point in the championship...
    Names, please.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Please, Latvala had plenty of experience before he joined BP Ford. I counted quickly to see he had 28 rallies in a WRC before this year, and about the same in N4. Now lets look at Hirvonen, before joining Ford he had 38 rallies in a WRC but only 3 in something else.
    Also consider that Hirvonen drove the majority of those rallies without superally, makes a big difference.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Latvala is one of the most talented and exciting drivers on the wrc, I'm glad Malcolm gave him his chance but as has been said if he could have had Duval for tar and let JML do the events with less pressure maybe it would be better, would take a chunk more money though.
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont think that there is any pressure from the team, he makes his own pressure without any reason, with a normal prefomance he would be 3-4 in every gravel event, and in top 6 on tarmac as well.
    The problem is that with his stupid errors he effect Hirvonens driving too by making him taking less risk, because somebody has to bring the manu. points also. Treierin has a lot of work ahead.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Malcom changed Duval once for Tuhino in Sweden. So why shouldn't he change Latvala for the remaining tarmac rally's?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torsen
    Loeb is the best driver of all times...
    You have just insulted the greatest drivers of all time!!!!
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauri A
    Names, please.
    Well Sordo and Atkinson do have more points than JML, although they weren't 'for hire'

His unreliability is very disappointing but I hope he doesn't lose his speed in a bid to become more reliable.

I think it is more likely that JML will become a WRC Champion than Hirvonen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ste898
    You have just insulted the greatest drivers of all time!!!!

groan, ok, I'll give you a chance, forget your usual negative insight with which you pollute a number of forums, please lets be friends for a minute and be constructive. Tell me, who in you esteemed opinion are the best 5 drivers of the past 20 years?
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree that it was right to put JML in the seat at the time. Malcolm did say at the time that ideally he would have put him in a year later but he didn't have another solid choice.
    Lets not forget that JML is only 23 and that the youngest world champ (McRae) was 27. you need the time to mature and gain experience in the WRC before you can reach your full potential.