Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Good morning folks! The party is over, the hangover is in, and it must be bloody disgusting to see the ugly creature you've just spent a night with. Wow, it took you Westerners a while to shake off that stupid fascination with blue-eyed chicks, vodka, Chelsea, F1 Midland and charming speeches of Russian leaders. Welcome to the real world.
    Llibertat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll be honest, I haven't read all the posts in this topic, but just wanted to post my opinion on the current situation with Russia.

And I feel for Russia in this instance, Georgia stated it, Russia just went to defend their own people, and the USA are using it, twisting the truth and making Russia out to be the bad guys.

I'm normally a defender of the USA, but with regards to this, it highlights the power they have, and not just the economic power, but the 'brainwashing' power by their influence on the media, USA have decided that Russia is in the wrong, thats all that gets reported in the media, and the world then agrees with the USA.

I don't know, I do get bit depressed when I think about how the world is run, and I'm one of the fortunate ones who live in a nicely developed country called the UK, imagine how I'd feel if I had the bad luck of being born in a poor country defenceless to develop against the powers of the WB, WTO etc. I'd be suicidal probably!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz
    Good morning folks! The party is over, the hangover is in, and it must be bloody disgusting to see the ugly creature you've just spent a night with. Wow, it took you Westerners a while to shake off that stupid fascination with blue-eyed chicks, vodka, Chelsea, F1 Midland and charming speeches of Russian leaders. Welcome to the real world.
    I think I ought to point out that not everyone has been overly enamoured with Russia's behaviour for a number of years, so don't tar everyone with the same brush. And I still don't believe that out-and-out confrontation is the way forward.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I hate the US. The US is a bully and pushes little countries around.
    I hate China. China treats it's own people badly but they realise that it's bad business sense to go screwing around too much in world politics
    But I ****ing hate Russia. I ****ing hate Vlad, ....... ..
    And don't you worry about so much hatred in your ( still very young ) heart?
    Isn't time to ask for some help?

**** Russia. Seriously if the west can become self reliant in regards to energy then Russia has nothing. We can go back to the halcyon days of the 80's and 90's when Russia couldn't even afford to fly it's air force, people had to queue around corners for bread and inflation was nice and high and their president was a fat guy who liked to dance...
    It's not so simple. Since the times of Peter the Great Russia has been a powerful country that had a word to say in world's politics. And mind you, in those times nobody thought of energy problems. Russia's foreign policy hasn't changed during centuries, Peter's will might be a forgery, however it's still actual.

Russia had the chance to do a China and be fairly friendly and make a crapload of money out of it. But they squandered it and chose to be evil. Let them suffer. We'll all be better off for it...
    Oh dear....As if we hadn't that long topic about the olympic torch and the rights of tibetans....

If people in power around the world realise that without oil and gas money Russia is nothing then we can start to invest in renewable energy and also cut comsumption enough to give Russia the finger.
    Ha! For a moment I thought you're "Uncle's Nick" ( ) reincarnation.Tell to big companies to cut consumption in order to give Russia the finger! I'm sure they'll be eager to reduce their production not to mention their profits..... Tell to people to turn off the light earlier and to go to bed at 9 o'clock! Cut the TV programms to 2 hours/day! Shall I remember you how poor Nick ended?

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz
    Wow, it took you Westerners a while to shake off that stupid fascination with blue-eyed chicks, vodka, Chelsea, F1 Midland and charming speeches of Russian leaders. Welcome to the real world.
    But a nation and its culture is not guilty for its leaders and their policy....After your saying I feel guilty because despite knowing that " from the russians comes the rain ", the easterner in me still has a stupid fascination with Dostoievski, Cehov, Tolstoi, Esenin, Bulgakov, Ilf&Petrov, Soljenitzin, Ceaikovski, Rahmaninov, Vladimir Vysotzki, Marc Chagall, Andrei Tarkovsky, Nikita Mihalkov, Andrei Mihalkov Koncealovski, Serghei Eisenstein, to name but a few. I love the work of these guys to bits but it doesn't mean I can't see the forest because of the trees.

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I think I ought to point out that not everyone has been overly enamoured with Russia's behaviour for a number of years, so don't tar everyone with the same brush. And I still don't believe that out-and-out confrontation is the way forward.
    Since the times of the Sugary Bill Clintn West tried to be lovey-dovey with Russia. Hell, people like Schroeder are on the Russian payroll now. And it was them who defined the foreign policy of Western countries.

Of course, I do not stand for out-and-out confrontation. I despise stupid anti-Russian escapades of populists like Lech Kaczynski, but the good ole' deterrence would be very efficient towards Russia. A bit of realpolitik never hurts.
    Llibertat

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PolePosition_1
    I'll be honest, I haven't read all the posts in this topic, but just wanted to post my opinion on the current situation with Russia.

And I feel for Russia in this instance, Georgia stated it, Russia just went to defend their own people, and the USA are using it, twisting the truth and making Russia out to be the bad guys.
    Those were not their own people, and if they were why were they in Georgia?!
    What about China attacking your country when they judge that some of the chines immigrants are in some kind of danger.

Get your head straight, Russia was flexing it's muscles and waiting to see if their whores (i.e the European countries) will dare to stand up again. And they were right, we weren't strong enough.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    But a nation and its culture is not guilty for its leaders and their policy....After your saying I feel guilty because despite knowing that " from the russians comes the rain ", the easterner in me still has a stupid fascination with Dostoievski, Cehov, Tolstoi, Esenin, Bulgakov, Ilf&Petrov, Soljenitzin, Ceaikovski, Rahmaninov, Vladimir Vysotzki, Marc Chagall, Andrei Tarkovsky, Nikita Mihalkov, Andrei Mihalkov Koncealovski, Serghei Eisenstein, to name but a few. I love the work of these guys to bits but it doesn't mean I can't see the forest because of the trees.
    No really?!
    Who puts them up there, and who keeps them up there, and who protects them KGB leaders?! That nation, with it's culture, because the culture of a nation isn't just their greatest and worldwide accepted artists, it's also the culture of the vodka drunken idiots!

You can't say that Rachmaninoff's art outweighs the other hundreds of millions of idiots lack of culture and intelligence.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    And don't you worry about so much hatred in your ( still very young ) heart?
    Isn't time to ask for some help?
    There's a time to love and a time to hate.

Oh dear....As if we hadn't that long topic about the olympic torch and the rights of tibetans....
    Weren't you on the forum complaining how the West wasn't there for you in your countrys time of need when the Russians were opressing the crap out of your country?

Double standards?

Ha! For a moment I thought you're "Uncle's Nick" ( ) reincarnation.Tell to big companies to cut consumption in order to give Russia the finger! I'm sure they'll be eager to reduce their production not to mention their profits..... Tell to people to turn off the light earlier and to go to bed at 9 o'clock! Cut the TV programms to 2 hours/day! Shall I remember you how poor Nick ended?
    It's simple. Russia's oil and gas is behind their resurgence. 15 years ago Russia was nothing. They couldn't have fought off an under 15's football team let alone a proper army. But thanks to the thirst in Europe for gas and oil they're now filthy rich and because their oil and gas is in such demand they can step on any toes they want and get away with it. Russia can turn off the gas and freeze you to death if they want. If Europe wants things to stay the way they are now we need to stop using oil and gas like we have an unlimited and consequence free supply of the stuff. I like my women with brown hair and my Russians queuing in the streets for bread and unable to fly their planes because they're frigging poor.

Laugh all you like. The stakes are much higher for you than I.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    No really?!
    Who puts them up there, and who keeps them up there, and who protects them KGB leaders?! That nation, with it's culture, because the culture of a nation isn't just their greatest and worldwide accepted artists, it's also the culture of the vodka drunken idiots!

You can't say that Rachmaninoff's art outweighs the other hundreds of millions of idiots lack of culture and intelligence.
    So no Soviet/Russian art of any form should be liked or praised, then, simply because of the actions of the country's leaders over time? You may as well say that we shouldn't like Charles Dickens because his works were often born out of times of filth and squalor. Again, your moral indignation is a bit hard for me to take.