Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I suppose you are going to apply that statement to Michael Schumacher, who also made similar remarks about the challenge of IndyCar.
    I don't remember him saying anything along the lines of IndyCar not being challenging, just that it was dangerous and insane.

Anyone that doesn't think a series that requires the running of superspeedways, mid-size, and short ovals, and road and street courses is challenging has obvious issues...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I suppose you are going to apply that statement to Michael Schumacher, who also made similar remarks about the challenge of IndyCar.
    Yeah, but with Schumacher at least you could see his point - Speed isn't Schumacher.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For what it is worth, not sure any of us should care what an F-1 flunky turned tin-top racer has say... especially when he never (to the best of my knowledge) set foot in any top-line AOWR car - let alone the current IRL car....

I would be somewhat bothered if (when??) Montoya, Hornish or Franchitti said/say such things - might even be bothered if Allmendinger said it - but not this turkey...

That being said - perception is 99% of reality and the IRL has to fix the perception if not the actual reality that it is an inferior career destination....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    .... the IRL has to fix the perception ..... that it is an inferior career destination....
    Hard to battle the truth when drivers have to bring money. I was hoping they would adopt some of Champ Cars progress in that department.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bblocker68
    If this is "our" forum and not "yours", why are you here?
    I was clearly refering to a small group of people who keep pining away from Speed everytime I mention Red Bull.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not to change the subject, weefly, but you did and exactly what progress did CC make in that area?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weeflyonthewall
    Hard to battle the truth when drivers have to bring money. I was hoping they would adopt some of Champ Cars progress in that department.

Ride buyers exist in just about every form of racing these days. Even F1.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Ride buyers exist in just about every form of racing these days. Even F1.

Gary
    Always have. Back in the days before sponsorship there were lots of guys racing on a rich dad's dollars or a royal family's heritage. Nowadays it just happens to be a corporate sponsor's check.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Red Bull drivers don't drive anywhere Redbull doesn't allow them to drive. Redbull has a roadcourse dinger.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by -Helix-
    I don't remember him saying anything along the lines of IndyCar not being challenging, just that it was dangerous and insane.
    He specifically said that he thought of IndyCar as a step down from F1.