Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For all you who want Scott Speed to come over...

He's not coming, and he doesn't respect your series.

Speed — who calls the IRL IndyCar Series "not a challenge at all" and says he's "as good as" every other F1 driver — has been labeled arrogant by some critics.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...tt-speed_N.htm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There's no such thing as bad publicity.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Red face

Pity ,would be good to see him come over to the IRL full of confidence only to be sent back to tintops with his tail between his legs - just like his F1 and A1GP efforts

Fast name, thats about it

Terribly overated.
    Go the ALL BLACKS !

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Whoa, I read the article. What an a$$.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Whoa, I read the article. What an a$$.
    Love how you worded that!! Perfect!
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    He isn't the only F1 driver with a similar opinion about IndyCar.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Be arrogant or whatevery, you like it or not, what he said was right unfortunately, and AOWR has got a long way to go to get everything back to its glory days.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is from the man that got penalised for driving the wrong way round a track once I believe.

The IRL is a bigger challenge now than it has ever been. Yep I think Scott is arrogant, if he was so great in F1 why has no one picked him up, probably because he is arrogant and most of all not very good.

So you guys don't want him and neither do we..
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    He isn't the only F1 driver with a similar opinion about IndyCar.
    Arrogance and ingnorance go in hand. It's easy sitting on the fence and running your mouth, knowing you'll never going to have to actually step up.

I liked how the article seems to focus more on his painted toenails and clothing preferences than on his racing abilities. Guess that puts things in perspective.

- "I've accomplished everything I wanted to in life!" LOL, scoring zero points in F1 and getting fired after an altercation with his boss?

- "I have no goals." Wow, just the type of guy a racing team needs and the fans like to cheer for.

- "IndyCar no challenge at all." Easy to say when cruising practically the same venues with circa 60 mph less speed.

- "I'm just as good as any F1 driver". Probably why all other teams over there couldn't wait to sign him.

- "I'm not just gonna sit around and make money, I'll quit when I stopped learning." Yea rite.

Seriously guys. If Scott Speed was available, does anybody really believe Roger Penske or Chip Ganassi would pick this nut over any of their established drivers? Come on. He'd probably wreck more cars than Marco and Graham combined, not counting those cars of other teams he'd collect.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    This is from the man that got penalised for driving the wrong way round a track once I believe.

The IRL is a bigger challenge now than it has ever been. Yep I think Scott is arrogant, if he was so great in F1 why has no one picked him up, probably because he is arrogant and most of all not very good.

So you guys don't want him and neither do we..
    He did have finish 3rd in GP2 in a field that included Nico Rosburg, Heiddki Kovalainen, E.J. Viso, Neel Jani, Nelson Piquet, and EJ Viso. He's will likely win the ARCA championship and he's already won a CTS race. So he has chops.

He failed in F-1 because he was with a bad team, and there is a lot of anti-American sentiment in Europe once you get outside of England. There was a lot of people who wanted Scott to fail.