Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I went to Surfers way back in 1995 and it was brilliant- I think the V8's probably raced that weekend as well but I can't be sure- open paddocks, great atmosphere, huge crowds and seem to recall the weather was excellent as well- Indy Car would be mad to turn it's back on the only overseas event that has really been successful over the years

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    I went to Surfers way back in 1995 and it was brilliant- I think the V8's probably raced that weekend as well but I can't be sure-
    V8s weren't there that year.

They first appeared there in 1994 (the first year that CAMS/FIA sanctioned the race), skipped 1995 but returned again as the main support act in 1996, through until 2001. For 2002 the V8s had originally pulled out of the meeting totally, but in the end a deal was brokered for it to be came a full touring car round for the V8s and gave them equal billing with the ChampCars.

Hopefully the Indycars stay.

The QLD government has decreed that the event will not continue as V8s only, it needs an international class for the event to continue.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After ICS experiences the passionate support on part of Australian racing fans and businesses, they'll be back. Aussies and Kiwis are among the most racing inclined people on the planet. They need to be courted, not taken for granted.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SportscarBruce
    After ICS experiences the passionate support on part of Australian racing fans and businesses, they'll be back. Aussies and Kiwis are among the most racing inclined people on the planet. They need to be courted, not taken for granted.
    Or forced into a situation that only benefits one persons ego.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weeflyonthewall
    Or forced into a situation that only benefits one persons ego.
    Works for F1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes Virginia, there is an Australia Race.

24 cars will take the gree flag in sufers this year. The IRL has come to terms with the promoters there. However, each team will get less to make the race and most will send a skeleton crew over.

The number will be 24. 24 will be the number. 23 will no the number be, and 25 will also be not the number. The number will be 24.

The big question is 2009! The series is trying to return, but both sides are far apart on agreeing on when to have the race. One car owner has said that if there is no race, he will leave the series.

It would be a mistake for the IRL not to work out a plan to return to surfers. It is a great race, with a great crowd, and should happen before or after Motegi.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SportscarBruce
    Works for F1.
    Doesn't Tony have a bigger hammer than Bernie or Max?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    24 cars will take the gree flag in sufers this year. The IRL has come to terms with the promoters there. However, each team will get less to make the race and most will send a skeleton crew over.

The number will be 24. 24 will be the number. 23 will no the number be, and 25 will also be not the number. The number will be 24.

The big question is 2009! The series is trying to return, but both sides are far apart on agreeing on when to have the race. One car owner has said that if there is no race, he will leave the series.

It would be a mistake for the IRL not to work out a plan to return to surfers. It is a great race, with a great crowd, and should happen before or after Motegi.
    October to Surfers is as important as May is to Indy. Hope they don't frock it up.