Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WRC Norway, - 2009

Hi,

Its that time of year where i need to plan my annual WRC trip out to scandinavia..

For the last 2 years i have been out to Sweden for the WRC, last year was poor in respect of the snow but it was still a good rally..

As Swden has been dropped till 2010 I need to look at booking Norway..

First of all just looking for some advice from you all in regards to the expect routes or areas the stages are more than likley to be based in..

Any info would be great,

Cheers

Rick

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    We need to wait a bit untill they publish rallyguide1 there they have route info etc.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Taken from the official homepage of the Rally:

Opening show 2009 will be in Oslo

The Bjerkebanen trotting track in Oslo becomes the arena for the opening show and the first special stage of Rally Norway on 12 February 2009. And, for the first time the final stage on 15 February will be in spectacular winter conditions in the mountains with two to three meter high walls of snow.
    By running a special stage almost in the middle of the Norwegian capital, Rally Norway again brings something new into its part of the WRC circus. Both the international audience and the Norwegians will get close to the rally brothers Petter and Henning Solberg, Sebastien Loeb and the other rally stars.
    “This will be a great opportunity for a big audience, both visitors and residents, in the Norwegian capital,” says Even Wiger, managing director of Rally Norway.
    Compared with the first WRC round in Norway in 2007, Stig Rune Kjernsli, clerk of the course, promises more rally, entertainment and show.
    “In 2009 all stages will be run twice, which makes the event more accessible for the spectators,” says Kjernsli.
    Day by day

The 2009 rally stages have been trimmed and made even more spectator friendly. The special stages have also been designed and chosen to offer more interesting challenges for the drivers.
    Day 1 (Thursday 12 February) the opening show and the first special stage will be run at the Bjerkebanen trotting track in Oslo, a venue with a rich rally history in Norway.
    ‘Day 1’ continues Friday 13 February in the southern part of Eastern Norway in the forests around Kongsvinger.
    Day 2 (Saturday 14 February) the rally continues with the spectacular mountain stage and another special stage in the Olympic arena of Lillehammer before a special stage in the city of Hamar, the host city, ends the third day.
    Day 3 (Sunday 15) will have special stages in the forests east of Hamar and the final special stage will be a new mountain stage, at Hedmarksvidda (Hedmark mountain plateau), in an area with copious snow and picturesque views, around Budor guest house.
    Meters of snow

“Probably, for the first time in WRC’s history, the final special stage will be run through a corridor enclosed by two to three meter high walls of snow. I call this spectacular,” states a pleased clerk of the course, Stig Rune Kjernsli.

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    I will probably be here, Sweden was great last year. This should be better with lots of snow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cheers for the info..

I need to spend an evening doing reaseach to find out where will be best to stay, taking into account access to stages but also with a bit of decent nightlife,

As you know, you cant beat rally and beer!!

Cheers

Rick

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts

Let's do it!

Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    We need to wait a bit untill they publish rallyguide1 there they have route info etc.
    Count me in Sir Don For the first time in my life neither money nor time off work is a problem
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Also I hope that there is plenty of snow and that it is really cold, I was very disappointed in Sweden this year so hopefully Norway can make up for that

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    3 meter snowbanks?

That's going to be crazy.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Count me in Sir Don For the first time in my life neither money nor time off work is a problem
    Money no problem BJ if you read this make sure to book ***** stars accomodation for us, Jamie is going to pay
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Don I'm not rich, I can't afford to pay for everybody but you know I would if I could : As long as it is better value than the one we had in Sweden I will be happy