Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    good summary, phantom i don't think the "broke under pressure" narrative fits stoner's crash. he was leading, running a blistering pace as he always tends to do early in the race to try and break the field, and he just made a mistake. sometimes, racing is not as easy as stoner and the top professionals make it appear to be. they DO work hard every lap. just an error, which as rossi has shown in the past, happens to the best of them
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corny
    BTW: I don't really think that Elias/Capirossi/Vermeulen/West are doing a that great job, if Rossi would've pushed towards the end, the gap would probably have been 30 seconds or so..
    Stoner's and Vale's pace did make the other Bridgestone riders look bad
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    Stoner's and Vale's pace did make the other Bridgestone riders look bad
    It's 2007 all over except this time Valentino has power and Bridgestones

I've changed my mind about Stoner's championship prospects since my post-Brno post - Rossi has one or two dumb moments per season, and so far this year his dumb tally stands at zero. The odds are on Stoner's side - long odds to be sure, but the sudden appearance of Elias at the front of the field has got to have sent at least a few cold shivers up Rossi's spine! hock: We should also remember that earlier this year Stoner turned a 50pt deficit into a 25pt deficit in four races.

I will not be surprised if Rossi has a DNF, or a very low points race, before the year is out, and there's every chance that Stoner will win every remaining race.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    Rossi has one or two dumb moments per season, and so far this year his dumb tally stands at zero.
    What about Assen?
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Put the cue in the rack folks..... the race for the title is over. Che Spetaccolo Vale!!!

Superb from West, even though it may have come a little to late to save him......... lets hope not.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i've got a good question. what the hell happen to Michelin riders today, jt 13th, edwards 14th, lorenzo 10th and Dovizioso 9th and Dani 15th, I heard that they had a dodgy front tyre what i've heard?
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

I don't think I'll check my "pickems" result, I'll proabably have to scroll down to the end.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    Rossi has one or two dumb moments per season, and so far this year his dumb tally stands at zero.
    Excluding Assen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, could the MotoGP race have been more of an anti-climax? The title is now completely Rossi's to lose, Stoner and Pedrosa can't win it. Unfortunately it was just one of those things that racing can throw up when they are pushing so hard. It was fantastic to see some of the lesser lights perform so much better though with Kwak right up there with West and Hopkins was there til his tyres went off. Suzuki are proving to be making strong inroads now with their third podium in a row and Elias finally showed that the Ducati could be competitive with someone other than Stoner.
    Kudos to Pedrosa for gritting it out when clearly everything was against him and many other riders would have pulled out in such circumstances.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Can Stoner please stop falling off and robbing us of a decent race

Casey and Vale made the rest of the field look like boys amongst men yesterday and I for one hope that it doesn't continue. A few years back Loris won on the Ducati by about 5 or 7 seconds which, at the time, was an absolute age in Moto GP time. Fast forward a few years to a field using TC and 800cc and Rossi wins by an eternity.

There was at least a smidgen of excitement between the Suzooks and Kwakas (with West falling off the end again), although if the Michelins had been anywhere near competitive and all riders fit then they would have been battling for about 8th-10th.

Stoner's accident = 1 of those things, just a bit too much lean/brake/speed for the front tyre to cope with.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.