Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    All the WDC's are worthless, because the champions had a top car in their use.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    All the WDC's are worthless, because the champions had a top car in their use.
    End of story! Someone send all the trophies over to Yuji Ide!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PolePosition_1
    Schumacher shouldn't have won the 1994 title in an illegal car, and deliberately pushing Damon Hill off the track to take the title after he messed up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfby7GaMXmo

Racing incident, two drivers fighting for the same piece of asphalt.

All very easy to point the finger at Schumi but not at Hill.

Hill came from nowhere and wasn't even ahead of Schumi.

You can easily argue it was dumb move from Hill because he bounces off the kerbs and into Schumi, not to mention Hill did a similar move at Silverstone '95.

And at the end, Hill was gracious in defeat and still is today.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge

You can easily argue it was dumb move from Hill because he bounces off the kerbs and into Schumi, not to mention Hill did a similar move at Silverstone '95.

Schumachers car was damaged was it not yet he turned in.

IIRC, Schumy said he had no steering at the time. Hmmmmm!!

As for impartiality, I was a fan of Schumacher until that point in time.

But... This is supposed to be a fun thread

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That may pass if Schumacher didn't shunt the wall the previous corner and damage his car.

But to defend your position so aggressively after you shunt your car into the wall isn't very sporting.

And Patrick Head has admitted they'd have made an official complaint if it weren't for Senna's death that season - they didn't want more upset in F1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

Your posts over last few days do show that great minds do indeed think alike lol.

This incident also impacted me big time. I always supported Damon, but that incident reinforced it, and became a huge Damon fan - he acted like a true gentleman with regards to this incident.

And I became a so called "anti-schumacher" from that day onwards - though like to think I can be unbiased.

I then went on to support Montoya because of that move he made on Schumacher in Brazil 2001.

And an Alonso fan from when he beat Schumacher in an inferior car.

Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

What do expect a driver fighting for WDC to do? Retire on the spot?

If any of you had been in Schumi's position you would've done exactly the same thing. You wouldn't give away the WDC that easily.

Part of the art of defensive driving is you have to prepared to go wheel to wheel and not give an inch. Certainly you have to draw the line but sometimes that line has a grey area ie. racing incident.

If it was any other set of drivers they would definitely say racing incident eg. Button/DC clash was similar to Adelaide and most people here said it was a racing incident.

Very easy to point fingers at Schumi but it's of the few occasions where I'm prepared to give the benefit of doubt.

That incident was through the sequence of left-right 90degree corners, doubly hard to predict where your opponent is compared to the back straight of Jerez where Schumi was definitely was in the wrong.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What do expect a driver fighting for WDC to do? Retire on the spot?

If any of you had been in Schumi's position you would've done exactly the same thing. You wouldn't give away the WDC that easily.

Part of the art of defensive driving is you have to prepared to go wheel to wheel and not give an inch. Certainly you have to draw the line but sometimes that line has a grey area ie. racing incident.

If it was any other set of drivers they would definitely say racing incident eg. Button/DC clash was similar to Adelaide and most people here said it was a racing incident.

Very easy to point fingers at Schumi but it's of the few occasions where I'm prepared to give the benefit of doubt.

That incident was through the sequence of left-right 90degree corners, doubly hard to predict where your opponent is compared to the back straight of Jerez where Schumi was definitely was in the wrong.

Q: What do expect a driver fighting for WDC to do? Retire on the spot?

A: Yes. If you damage your car, you don't keep on defending so aggreesively.

If his engine had blown, you wouldn't have expected him to defend so aggressively, if he'd had puncture, same again - so why is it ok for him to defend when he's damaged his car?

And I can garantuee you I WOULD NOT have done exactly what he did.

I don't see defending like that as a grey area, he overstepped the line...full stop (in my opinion).

Which DC/Button clash are you refering to? They've had a few, but I don't remember any where one had damaged his car and still defended.

And finally, you say "That incident was through the sequence of left-right 90degree corners, doubly hard to predict where your opponent is compared to the back straight of Jerez where Schumi was definitely was in the wrong."

Are you claiming Schumacher didn't know Damon was on the inside of him?

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Schumacher shouldn't have won the 1994 title in an illegal car, and deliberately pushing Damon Hill off the track to take the title after he messed up.
    1. The car was not illegal.
    2. Hill drove into Michael. Watch the replay.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Your posts over last few days do show that great minds do indeed think alike lol.

This incident also impacted me big time. I always supported Damon, but that incident reinforced it, and became a huge Damon fan - he acted like a true gentleman with regards to this incident.

And I became a so called "anti-schumacher" from that day onwards - though like to think I can be unbiased.

I then went on to support Montoya because of that move he made on Schumacher in Brazil 2001.

And an Alonso fan from when he beat Schumacher in an inferior car.
    I remember being disgusted at Schumi after that race but that was largely reinforced by the British media.

Murray Walker gave Schumi the benefit of doubt and initially I thought he was an old fool.

Schumi was absolute genius in 1995 and changed my view.

Schumi is a racer, you don't give an inch to your opponent. That's why you have those fantastic battles with JPM, Ralf and Alonso.

There's a thread on defensive driving. Some drivers could learn a thing or two from Schumi and some things that definitely aren't recommended!