Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by domaza
    In an interview this week Seb told that he is the onlyone out of 4 guys, who is saying that smt. has to be changed with car - so it is 1 again 3, what means no changes. Sad, but true.
    I think this is the story.

Le Seb is not my favorite at Toro Rosso. Look at my sig! I prefer Vettel over Bourdais simply because the young German had more experience in a F1 car. Now Berger personally mentors this kid and is trying to raise a superstar. If anyone was in denial about my previous post, then watch this video.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I think this is the story.

Le Seb is not my favorite at Toro Rosso. Look at my sig! I prefer Vettel over Bourdais simply because the young German had more experience in a F1 car. Now Berger personally mentors this kid and is trying to raise a superstar. If anyone was in denial about my previous post, then watch this video.
    So why is Berger giving him up to the primary team? Is Gerhard moving up too?
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bblocker68
    So why is Berger giving him up to the primary team? Is Gerhard moving up too?
    $$$$$$

That would probably be his primary motivator. Also, I'm sure Red Bull dropped a little threat in the contract just in case Berger had any hiccups (i.e. no Vettel = no STR3).
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    At NHL in Champcar, Seb B was the big dog. The car was tuned to his needs.

At STR, he's "officially" the "Equal Dog". But IMO any F1 team will favour the younger guy over the older one.

As well as that, I am suspicious of any team management that burns through (or will burn through) 2 sets of drivers in as many years. Especially when they hold the drivers (except Saint Vettel) solely responsible for the "teams" performance. Alot of the post race comments from STR suggest they assume they are immune from problems, but the drivers have all the problems.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    He was better, relative to Vettel, at the start of the year. Maybe he'll give him another run for his money, maybe not. He's certainly not bad, but it certainly gives you a scope on the depth of talent of AOWR road course drivers vs the depth of talent in F1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    He was better, relative to Vettel, at the start of the year. Maybe he'll give him another run for his money, maybe not. He's certainly not bad, but it certainly gives you a scope on the depth of talent of AOWR road course drivers vs the depth of talent in F1.
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimispeed
    Can't handle it?

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    You said AOWR.

Seabass only raced in CCWS and not IRL.

IRL arguably had better depth in talent. F1 writer and commentator Peter Windsor has said Scott Dixon, TK, Franchitti and Castroneves would be good F1 drivers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    No! Bourdais is an excellent driver without a hope in hell at Toro Rosso. The new STR chassis has not been compliant with Bourdais' style of driving, which I believe is due to Berger's favoritism for Vettel.
    I think it is rather due the fact that STR are not developing their own chassis, they use the one designed by Red Bull Technology (aka RB4). The team as a whole doesn't have a big say in the development directions, I suppose and Séb is trapped in that situation.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He raced in IRL at Indy once.............